Is it ok to buy trade sell accounts?

There’s a website playerauctions that does it. Saw it on LinkedIn, they are hiring apparently and I got automated notice so got curious and looked.

I was pretty sure that’s against t&c, but that company is China owned so maybe it’s ok for China?

well, dont link it…

1 Like

It’s not actually ok, if you do it you can also have the account taken back.

That doesn’t mean people don’t do it.

No way for anyone here to know that. The Chinese region is managed by someone not Blizzard.

It would absolutely not be okay with NA or EU accounts. It’s a direct violation of the EULA/TOS whatnot.

You can report it using hacks@blizzard.com. (No idea what LinkedIn’s rules might be. Direct offers to sell on a site like eBay used to be reportable, though I don’t know what action would occur.)

1 Like

By all player accounts on these forums, Blizzard seems to allow botting. By not fixing fly hacks, and being completely silent on the topic of why they haven’t fixed the fly hacks, it would appear that Blizzard allows bot hacking automation as well.

So with that said, you should evaluate your question in that light IMO.

2 Likes

just another thing blizzard isn’t going to do anything about…they don’t care as long as we all keep handing them our $$

Your comments assume that Blizzard is a god – they can see everything everywhere, and they can also instantly stop everything.

What a silly idea! They’re just people, like you and me. You might as well say “murder is allowed, because it hasn’t been stopped”. Silly, silly, silly.

“Flying hacks” are a popular recent player rumor, based on pixels that appear to show some (non-existent fictional) things flying. I agree that is a bug, but it isn’t clear what the bug is. Maybe the bug is showing things badly. Remember, there are no real things – just pixels. Have you talked to any player that says “I can fly”?

Ever heard of the guy in BC who was one of the most geared rouges and then sold his account for 10k USD? the account was banned shortly after because of this.

Selling accounts is against ToS and probably the EULA too.

1 Like

Buying accounts is kinda dumb. The seller can always steal the account back with the secret question answer or else they can contact blizz customer support, claim they were hacked, provide the credit card that was used on the billing history and get the account back that way

The buyer would be screwed in that situation, not able to be reimbursed for the scam by their bank or credit card due to the sale being digital goods against the game terms of service

Edit: also there was a famous case of someone who bought a decked out rogue account in TBC that had twin illidan blades then tried to raid on it, having never played rogue before. It quickly became apparent to the buyer’s guild that they had never played rogue and obviously bought the account, they were reported and the account banned. The buyer was out around $10,000 at that point

Horse hockey that is put out there to curtail people selling accounts. You 100% own the labor and time put into your account. When you sell your account you are selling the time and energy spent on the character.
Blizzard does not own your time and energy.

This is the ruling in the USA regarding character selling in MMO’s.

Sure they “could” ban an account you sold or purchased, but it is not lawful for them to do so, not like they care.

Most of the time, characters sold to 3rd party companies are temporarily used for gold farming until they are sold. The eventual buyer gets banned for botting, not for buying the account.

Also… if blizz Blizz can’t even stop people from botting or fly hacking, why would you think they would know if an account is bought or sold?

I know many people who buy gold, and a few buyers and sellers of accounts. None banned, not even so much as a suspicious activity e-mail. nothing has changed since 2005, except now accounts are worth a fair bit more, and people think nothing of spending thousands on a video game.

Oh, and the authenticator is there to prevent people from selling their account, not to protect it from hackers.

You know you can turn that off right?

No idea, but I was around for its implimentation, and a lot of people lost access to their accounts because they lost the hardware authenticator.

I have no idea what it is like now, other than to say it is still a scam. They PAY you to use it for fook sake.

i still have the little physical authenticator. still works.

They didn’t loose access to their account. A simple phone call to Blizzard and you could deactivate it. I lost mine while traveling cross country, and was able to disable it so I could keep playing while on the road. Lost access to the pet, but meh.

It’s a bit more complicated now, but still not a huge hassle, and has nothing to do with preventing account selling.

No.

No its against TOS I would do a full read of the TOS its clearly not allowed

This is false. There are no “laws” telling MMO companies which accounts they can ban from THEIR game.

Because those are unrelated things?

Its against TOS but this is modern activisionblizzard so as long as you pay the sub you can away with a lot of things i guess