Is it just me or is the VA for 10.2.7 way better

No more slow talking in cinematics? Finally. The end of Disneycraft!!

1 Like

99% of the time it’s poor voice direction, not poor voice acting.

WoW’s VA cast is ludicrously stacked, as is the case with any of Blizzard’s games. They can and generally do give some insanely good performances, WoW or otherwise, but even the biggest names in the industry can sound incompetent if they’re given extremely poor direction.

FWIW WoW’s voice direction typically isn’t bad regardless and I think DF has had good voice acting in general. But yeah, the 10.2.7 cinematics sounded pretty genuine.

3 Likes

reminds me of the male consular voice in the old republic. Nolan north, used so badly

2 Likes

It’s not the worst I’ve heard, but I still didn’t enjoy it and would’ve preferred if it wasn’t there. Still some pretty unnatural dramatic pauses. I wouldn’t say it sounded genuine personally.

1 Like

Most of the “slow talking” comes from the dragon aspects. Most likely in attempt to instill a sence of wisdom or gravity into their words.

We’re thankfully done with the aspects for a good long while.

2 Likes

im so glad DF is ending.

1 Like

All of this is directorial and how it was directed and why they did what they did.

1 Like

so im not the only one who noticed the slow talking of DF

The slow talking was done on purpose. In my point of view.

1 Like

Idk we’ve still got Khadgar over here with excessive awkward pauses

He’s another “ancient, wise” wizard character. Velen does it too. It’s just a trope, and people don’t usually notice or mind it. But Dragon Flight’s primary cast is basically stacked with the Aspects.

When you have two or more of them slow-talking at one another It’s hard not to notice. Alexstraza is the least bearable.

1 Like

If you have watch enough movies and or tv shows or even cartoons you will gain some understanding in terms of direction and why they did it in the first place.

What does the first part have to do with the second part

Which really stands out in a game with some otherwise INCREDIBLE performances. Xanthe Elbrick, my god.

To be honest, I’ve been really impressed with story, voice acting, and cinematic work this patch. I even felt the dialogue was much better than it usually is. It makes me feel like they’re actually trying to improve the storytelling aspect of WoW in a big way, and it’s made me really excited for TWW.

Hey, don’t disrespect Master Bra’tac

:slight_smile:

Gotta fit in multiple angles of bait!

1 Like

No kidding. Nolan North is a HUGE name in the industry and has an insane vocal range so to waste someone that talented like that is an actual crime against humanity.

1 Like

Idk, I always notice and always mind it. Video games are terrible about this even for non old, ancient characters, it’s not just WoW.

And the industry’s got the idea that the more voice acting a game has, the better it is, even if it’s not good. Just the fact that it has voices at all makes it more immersive for some people.

yeah its why i never made a consular

Did you know he voiced a kids cartoon character named blaze from blaze and the monster machine on nick jr?