Is it just me or is resto bad?

No clue on the PvP front

But druid healers are up there in M+ and do very well in raids

I think for season 2 they’re A tier

3 Likes

Spamming regrowth with no HoTs up is definitely pretty weak and inefficient. I suck at healing but I know a thingy or two.

2 Likes

I know them well…oh wait nvm

No idea imagine it’s harder with the changes but supposedly its pretty good plus well have a ton of useful utility

levelling dungeons that’s why I’m scared to try mythics. Is it just gear dependent? the pulls were big but I’d be able to handle it on another healer.

2 Likes

Leveling dungeons are so horribly and stupidly imbalanced and improperly scaled. Don’t let it be the judge of what healing feels like.

2 Likes

I agree Axaron… I think that when you get to max level, and start optimizing your gear, you’ll find things feel a lot better
:nerd_face:

1 Like

Wouldn’t heal on anything else

Are you using germination as a talent? That helps quite a bit.

:cookie:

I have two healers, both have their 4 set and both are about 432ilv. A resto druid and a resto shammy…whenever I go to my druid, everything feels much harder, and I feel much less powerful for heals— resto shammy, everything at that same level is much easier.

2 Likes

if someone drops rlly low you gotta pop the rest of your hots before you regrowth spam. lifebloom, rejuv, efflo, even cen ward

just a swiftmend - natures swiftness regrowth usually full tops or comes close to it but you cant do it whenever

2 Likes

My main ehaler is a prevoker. And yeah it’s really nice.

In PvE content? Resto Druid is quite good in raid (it’s your best source of Mark of the Wild, what with the other three specs being a little on the weaker side of things) and it’s downright excellent in M+, alongside the likes of HPal and RSham.

The whole point of Resto Druid is HoTs.

If big direct heals is more your playstyle, I recommend a Holy Priest or Resto Shaman.

2 Likes

Rdruid is a proactive healer, similar to disc. If you aren’t ramping for predictable damage, you may fall behind. If that playstyle doesn’t appeal to you, you may want to try rsham or hpriest–they’re more reactive healers. Maybe mw and hpal, too? I don’t know enough about them.

1 Like

If they like to dps to heal, yes.

I never casted Regrowth sinse legion. The only way im gonna use it is if its free from Nature or the free tree transform

Druid is a HoT healer, it’s super fun actually, do some homework and stick with it.

Good luck!

1 Like

When healing, I highly prefer my Shaman over my Druid (especially this expansion).

Icy-Veins has a good guide, though.

When healing in a dungeon, it is important to remember that Restoration Druids have a lot of powerful tools to contribute to damage and crowd control besides keeping the group alive. Since the group is smaller than a typical raid, you will be able to produce a much more significant portion of DPS, which is essential in timed Mythic+ content.

A Restoration Druid’s priority should be keeping the group alive. That does not necessarily mean keeping everyone at 100% Health or aiming to do so at all times possible. On some packs and affixes, you can afford to heal your group between the pulls or let the HoTs tick fully without resorting to single-target healing spam. Judging the damage intake of the group is the most important aspect of your success as a healer in dungeons.

During light to medium damage, you should aim to keep Lifebloom Icon Lifeblooms up. Try to heal low damage using Adaptive Swarm Icon Adaptive Swarm, Soul of the Forest Icon Soul of the Forest-powered Wild Growth Icon Wild Growths, and Efflorescence Icon Efflorescence. Spend the rest of the time doing damage. Managing to cast fewer Rejuvenation Icon Rejuvenations and Regrowth Icon Regrowths without letting anyone die will be your biggest DPS increase.

During heavy damage, you should aim to keep up as many Rejuvenation Icon Rejuvenations as possible, always to consume the Regrowth Icon Regrowth HoT to power Wild Growth Icon Wild Growth with Soul of the Forest Icon Soul of the Forest whenever 4 or more players are not at full Health and, otherwise, cast Regrowth. Efflorescence Icon Efflorescence is a good spell to cast if you can ensure 3 players will be healed by it. Placing it before the pull is the preferred strategy. Ironbark Icon Ironbark anyone who might be in danger liberally, as its cooldown is too short to sit on. Tranquility Icon Tranquility can be used as a strong cooldown when needed.

1 Like

Hot up. If dropping too fast use swiftmend (which will eat a rejuv if you don’t talent it). Once everything is rolling, you can use whatever the heck that one spell is called that replaced Healing Touch. Ironbark is nice, use it (remember your talent for boosting heals).

There’s really not a ton to it. Talent your Germs too.

Imo, use an on/off WA for all your hots. Make it targeted so that whenever you are focusing your tank, you can see when your hots are about to fall off and which ones are missing.