Is it just me or has the community made the game bad?

So I play alliance on earthfury and…

My Level 54, Rank 0 Paladin was just killed by 3 Level 60 Horde with Epic gear all the while spamming /lol at me, which happens about every ten minutes. BRM is an absolute clown shoe fiesta during raiding hours, Mongoose potions are 10g a piece?!? Black Lotus?.. what’s that? That’s a whole other thread, in fact forget farming pretty much anything unless you want to spend more time fighting horde waiting in endless queue’s for battlegrounds.

I don’t want to level another alt because everyone just afk’s in some dungeon somewhere after paying some mage to power level them. Then does the same thing in Alterac Valley at level 60.

All anyone seems to care about is Parses in raids, and If you don’t have a high percentile parse apparently your a bad player? …What? Maybe I just don’t want to spend all that time and gold just to kill a dragon 15 seconds faster. This must be a retail thing.

Classic WoW isn’t Vanilla WoW and the server is way too full of apes in trees flinging their feces at each other instead of just having fun with the game.

Anyway I’m done I vented. Do whatever you want with this thread now.

6 Likes

I think the biggest issue with classic is the meta slave mentality that everyone seems to have. A lot of people forget you dont actually need to have the most optimal setup to get through the content. Just do what you want, have fun with the game. If you want to raid MC as a fury warrior in full valor gear im sure theres guilds that wouldnt really care. Theres certainly plenty of ret paladins.

Min maxing in retail is there to grant you access to higher content, it matters if you want to say push mythic raiding. But min maxing isnt necessary at all in classic, it only serves to make the content faster and easier, which honestly just makes it boring, at least in my opinion. Find a guild that doesnt care about how optimal everything is, and just wants to have fun.

6 Likes

Well I mean I just leveled an alliance to 60 on Earthfury (I have two accounts). There were plenty of people around to group with and I had a lot of people whisper me about joining their regular non-power leveling dungeons at every level, even as a DPS class.

It’s a PVP server. At 54 you are going to get killed. I found it the worst in WPL and Felwood on my ally. Don’t bother gold farming until 60.

The high gold prices mean you can sell stuff higher if you are smart about professions or gold grinding locations. Yes, you can do this as an alliance on this server, there are out of the way places to go.

There are casual guilds that do not focus on parses, find one of those. It is completely unnecessary to join a hardcore guild if it’s not your thing.

Your vent is fine. You could transfer to a lower pop or PVE server if that’s what you really want. Personally, I’m pretty happy with how the game is.

4 Likes

People value meta gaming far too much. I’d give anything to forget all i know and join a server with people who underwent the same procedure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

PvP was always the most brutal at end game, when you were in your late 50s or a newly-minted 60, versus all the twinked end-game 60s.

When you’re leveling through the tiers, the only 60s that’ll come after you are undergeared chickens, so putting a callout over chat would usually bring friendly 60s down to bear on the offending enemy pretty quickly. (What else do 60s have to do, anyway?)

Once you get to the end game zones, it’s tougher because all the 60s are there, and many have been twinking and primping their characters for months before alts and newcomers reach that space.

I’m new to Earthfury so I can’t comment on it much yet, except to say the AH prices are way lower than Kurinnaxx’s, and the people overall seem a lot nicer on Earthfury, too.

It’s balancing the meta. Min/Maxing is fine in and of itself. You can’t change what gaming has become over the past 15+ years. Games as with all computer programs are built on numbers. People love competing. In order to compete in the computer realm you must win the numbers game. So people min/max to win that numbers game. My only issue is when someone picks a guild that states to be more casual and then you end up requiring only specific specs, etc. If you’re going to be a completely casual guild then you can’t push those numbers.

I don’t think I want to forget and go back to myself those years ago. Sure, I miss the innocence, but I don’t miss the time wasted. In Vanilla I thought Uldaman and Maraudon were like raids. I barely had a clue about Molten Core or Blackwing Lair. I came to Classic specifically to clear all of the available raiding content and perform my favorite class to the best of my ability. In Vanilla I didn’t know about stat priorities. My most infamous story was when I got taken to Scarlet Monastery Library for a “Feral Weapon”. Now we’re not talking about the Lokey’s Training Stick off the Houndmaster. We’re talking about the Illusionary Rod off Doan!!! I don’t want to back to being that druid. I had fun. I have tons fond memories from Vanilla. I was the guild master of a 500 man casual guild that I demolished in BC when I decided I wanted to raid.

To the OP, Blackwing Lair was released a little over 16 weeks ago on February 12, 2020. So BWL has been out almost four months. People are running it for gear now to prepare for Phase 5. The higher the parses the faster the content is being cleared. Guilds like APES are doing the raid in less than 30 minutes. As much as I want to have fun I don’t feel like spending three or more hours in BWL. MC is a bit more understandable due to the size of the raid instance. You have to find a guild that suits your playstyle. So you’re probably going to have to settle for slower raid clears which is all fine.

And let me say this: Learn to ignore people. Don’t push to make everyone like you. You’ll be miserable in-game and out. Make friends with like-minded people. Exhaust your resources and find a guild that’ll take you and raids as you wish to do so. I really enjoy Legacy. We don’t require world buffs or a specific parse and only raid two nights a week with ZG on off-nights. That said many of us, myself included, get world buffs and review parses. Why? As stated earlier we don’t want to spend our entire night in a raid. Also I think studying and improving is a sign of someone who actually enjoys something. People do as such in many hobbies. I think “it’s just a game” excuse is dated now. Sure, don’t worry about being a 99 percentile parser on every fight, but also wouldn’t want to be a bottom of the barrel holding my raid team back.

I already play a “meme spec” as a feral druid. I enjoy it. I get to tank a lot and i get to dps too. I have to do more than a rogue or warrior to be “competitive” in both roles. I spend 3-4 hours a week in Gnomeregan farming a weapon with three charges that drastically improves my dps. If I’m going all in for my DPS I have to get ALL world buffs, consumes, etc. It’s a prep challenge that I took and truly enjoy. So yeah, play what you want and quit worrying about what everyone is saying to you so much. Classic WoW isn’t what Vanilla WoW was. I make that distinction every time someone discusses and brings up Vanilla. You shouldn’t have expected it to be the same. Sounds harsh, but I think some put the nostalgia on a pedestal and expect the impossible with Classic.

There is no TLDR. For those that can’t read this I have little sympathy for your lack of an attention span.

/insanerantoff

6 Likes

hey now…

2 Likes

Like some people here said. Try to find people who will accept your playstyle.
As a horde player on earthfury i can say that are player on both side who use their op gear to destroy another players who dont have any or almost any chance to fight back.

I have fun and think the community is better than the game that i played before. #shrug #perspectice

Just find a casual guild to raid with, and if you put in equal effort, then you should have a raid spot. Hell, I’m a Tankadin without cons, and even I have a home in a raid guild that wants me, and lets me tank.

As for gank happy Hordies, one of the best aspects of this server’s community is that if you’re getting farmed or camped and a 60 Ally sees it, they will stop and help. If there’s no one around, try asking politely in /4, and someone shoulf come to your aid.

Ye man the players ruined it for sure. I used to think wow’s decline was blizz’s fault until i played retail classic. People would rather min max dungeon boost to 60 than actually engage with the world. When they do, they’d rather log onto a 60 when they lose vs an equal level than just leave or learn to play. The heart of azeroth has been around since long before bfa, and the meta mentality has crushed all the life out of it. Great job guys, you won. Look upon your works and despair.

Lmao get frost stabbed noob lolololol