Is it just me, or did these nerfs do very little?

Why do they still kick my a$$ just as bad as before tho

Pretty sure these ret defenders were lock/rogue defenders in other xpac, maybe we just call them fotm defenders.

That’s funny considering when Rogue or Warrior was “strong and competitive” you wanted them buried.

Now you’re the outlier, got a 40% nerf and are still S+ tier… and you think it’s fine.

:clown_face:

People who play the spec, rerolled the spec, or FOTM a spec after wild unprecedented buffs/reworks should not speak when it comes to that classes balance.

1 Like

sorry man it is for sure just you. I was just in a solo with a ret and he was literally the laughing stock of the entire match. I watched him throw himself at a demo lock and he couldnt even put a dent in him. It was a little sad because he was doing all the things just couldn’t do enough of any one thing. He was able to make the matches last longer using utilities but he couldn’t close the deal on anyone including me. It was pretty sad to watch. I wasn’t aware of the nerfs until the others started making fun of him between rounds. It was almost a bit sad because his Paladin was very old like wrath old and he finally had a chance to shine and it only lasted a couple of days buahahaha. My heart goes out to the rets (the OGs). Personally as an alt healer (disc priest) I was more annoyed by the Assa rogue spree than the rets. At least I got to play the game against rets.

1 Like

You don’t need to trade for the entire wings, literally just until Wake of Ashes and Divine Toll have gone out. That’s the biggest part of the burst that front loads damage on wings, the tail end of wings is just sustain.

Trading more cooldowns just because wings are still up isn’t something you should be doing. The last 10 seconds of it aren’t that threatening tbh and can be normally healed through by any experienced healer.

3 Likes

This may come as a shock to you, but class tuning for rets isn’t being put into the game until next reset.

By Kaivax 7 hr 34 min ago (Patch 10.0.7)Source#1

In patch 10.0.7, we made changes to several classes to address issues we saw with itemization or talent trees. Game data since the patch went live has shown us that certain specs are overperforming, so with scheduled weekly maintenance on March 28, we’ll make the changes below.

It’s already active bro.

If they are live, and I just saw the blue post, then there has been zero actual effect on the changes in pvp. At 416 pvp ilvl, my damage and healing are the same as it was yesterday.

It’s not and they aren’t. I watched my numbers and offhealing/shields drop mid RSS. If you can’t tell the difference then you probably weren’t doing anything other then W keying and praying for free wins :man_shrugging:

The end result of that match was noticeable compared to previous rounds.

1 Like

I just got done playing 2s for 4hrs and have not seen any noticeable change in dps and healing for my ret. It’s still the same busted nonsense as it was yesterday.

I don’t know what you mean, I think people did frequently mention judge dispel was dumb in shadowlands - it just got more toxic by having 2 charges for ret. Prot paladins had 2 judge charges and that made judge dispel far more toxic to deal with. That doesn’t mean it wasn’t ever taken though or complained about even with a single one - it was mainly stupid vs hunter comps to deal with when they had a single charge but ret war could also just ignore it and go for more damage if they wanted to kill someone else.

The game isn’t really designed with a dps having a spammable magic dispel anymore and judgments of the pure gets very toxic very fast and this got worse with 2 charges of judgment. Not to mention Divine toll has pretty much always been a guaranteed CC break with it

It is a mechanic that just has no counterplay when it’s good - it’s either not useful or it’s absurdly broken with legitimately no counterplay

It’s pretty bad design to be able to just hard shut down a specific spec while doing very, very little on your end

It’s like imp dispel on crack where your team can’t help you protect it because it only dispels your targets debuffs (so like counterplay vs an imp dispel is your team working together to stack up magic debuffs to prevent the single dispel - that isn’t a thing you can do vs judgments of the pure in any way shape or form and with multiple charges it’s effectively just a short CD cleanse).

It’s actually hilarious ret paladins will be the first to complain about fast MD being toxic to deal with and low counterplay for them, when judgments of the pure has significantly lower counterplay for the specs it’s good against. It is a poorly designed talent that could use a reworking or an ICD.

19 Likes

I honestly haven’t had any trouble with them in fact I started healing on my disc again after the ret nerfs went live. Legit had a ret beat on a demo lock the entire rnd and couldnt put a dent in him. Chased the hunter the next rnd and got blown up by hunter mage. I am not sure but so far on 3 of my toons rets seem to be dead again.

Absorb from Fading Light is nerfed 75%, literally only absorbing 1/4 of what it was.
Halved JV healing and CS healing
They are noticeable but not a game breaker.

If you weren’t running JV very often and preferred FV, like I was, then you likely didn’t notice to big of a dps drop except to your burst procs.

I didn’t really feel like those were necessary to win anyway so I’m glad they are nerfed.

2 Likes

needed a 30-35% aura nerf.

Did quite a bit, IMO. Just got out of a shuffle where a Ret did 12.5M, versus two DPS who did 8 and one who did 9. Yesterday that same Ret would have probably done 15M. (thanks to the 0-6 Ele who seemed to think standing in melee range and not moving was the best defense strategy for him to make facerolling as easy as possible for said Ret lol)

I’m sure they’ll still get another damage nerf somewhere in the next couple weeks after data comes out, but at least now having a bad player on your team, and not lack of a Ret isn’t the deciding factor in victory.

2 Likes

My advice is stop playing. Soon as you get used to the meta, Blizz changes it.

DF was never a finished game we are just hamsters in a beta test.

3 Likes

As if that’s the only thing people want…

They already got the burst nerfed and some survivability, for wtv reason, now they have a problem with the random dispel from a pvp talent, after that who knows, but people will find out something to complain about ret.

4 Likes

Did this guy go from anime elf to cow because we made fun of him?

1 Like

That 2% from lawbringer needs to be brought in line…

2 Likes

give hunter ua and remove the affliction spec it is done

see they don’t understand this for two reasons

1. fundamentally stupid people with low empathic imagination just are not capable of envisioning how a shared experience might feel for anyone but themselves
  2. even if they did get that, the idea of playing with a game plan is so foreign to ret weasels that “just live until you do enough damage to win” is how they assume every spec in the game works all of the time, and judge dispel stops offense while fast md stops defense

see this is exactly what i’m talking about with point 2

shut up rethum nobody cares that you’ve been missing trap on bm hunter for 30 years

6 Likes