Is it just me, or did these nerfs do very little?

I saw all these big numbers and thought it was going to change the situation, but I’m still getting obliterated in these 3 ret lobbies at around 2400. I’m disarming, reflecting, in defense stance, trading defensives… hell even leaping away from a fellow melee (that rarely has to do that from me). Does the class just counter me? Maybe I just need to get gud or something.

23 Likes

Rets still very strong. The fact they can receive these significant nerfs and still be so strong just shows how broken they were. They can still use a few tuning passes for sure

33 Likes

Seems like it was both too little, and too late! Imagine that.

5 Likes

yeah rets still insane

it’s possible for them to lose now when there’s only 1 of them though

21 Likes

What you guys want us unplayable??

Ffs man.

Now we also got people asking for nerfs on the judge dispel too.

35 Likes

Here we gooo…like i said…Learn2line

8 Likes

These nerfs were just the start. We need weekly ret nerfs until they are F tier for the rest of the expansion ideally. Just make sure they are good in PvE which is blizzards main concern. Then we can gaslight the rets in pvp and tell them they are just playing it wrong

7 Likes

Why bother hiding intentions? Should just go the Kalgan route, nerf into oblivion and blatantly state Ret is a leveling/questing/solo spec.

Or delete the spec altogether.

5 Likes

Of course, it is pretty clear that the pvp comunity just hates Rets in pvp second only maybe to tanks and won’t stop crying until it goes back to trash tier.

19 Likes

they are still doing 50k dps and tanky AF, but ppl say they are nerfed, idk, don’t feel like it.

3 Likes

Wings is up a third of every match. Wings needs either a damage or duration nerf for PvP if it’s going to be on a one minute CD. (Or they gotta nerf Paladin sustained damage, because Wings is up so often.)

The fact that you can pair Wings with Final Reck/Badge/Divine Toll/Wake together every minute, force people to double down on defensives because 20+ seconds of wings is a lot longer than anyone’s defensives, and then plow through them a minute later with all their mitigation gone is the primary reason Ret is so strong.

7 Likes

I felt bad for rets, until the absolute uproar prior to these nerfs defending how yall were not busted. and even now, saying select talents of yalls or mechanics are just “outplayable”.
I hate the ret community, always have, always will. But I don’t want rets to be terrible.

6 Likes

Blizzard was probably trying to avoid going overboard with the nerfs on the first pass.

Hopefully, they’ll keep nerfing if Rets are still OP.

4 Likes

Also to add, Judge dispel NEEDS removed, or at the very minimum an ICD. Example: pika playing ele against 1 ret in 3s earlier, 2min 27sec game, ret had 27 dispels on flame shock. That is absolutely and utterly disgusting.

11 Likes

Kalgan, is that you?

1 Like

No one ever call for a nerf during SL, there were always better talents to take.

It’s still very niche. Just because it very effective on a few specs doesn’t make it op. Plus doesn’t ele have a talent for dispell protection.

1 Like

I don’t much care about any “niche”. If it renders a spec damn near useless, it deserves tuning.

Again doesn’t ele have a dispell protection talent for FS.

Also maybe make it undispellable? Instead of nerfing ret

2 Likes

I mean, if you count not being able to global someone in 1 second which you can still do “unplayable”, then yes.

4 Likes

ITT:

Rets that were absolutely insanely over the top broken, nerfed by nearly 40% across the board, and still the most broken spec in the game atm trying to defend themselves.

:clown_face:

5 Likes