Is it just me or are druids the best 5 man tank in the game?

Leveling holy with 5 in spirit tap.

Yikesā€¦

Itā€™s called masochism. Get with it.

Non-prot warriors can handle 5 mans pretty readily, it just requires more individual skill.
If youā€™re leveling feral, youā€™re probably taking stuff that helps both bear and cat.

Thatā€™s half true.
Warriors are by far the most gear dependent class in the game, but Feralā€™s have it really rough because the itemization in Vanilla/Classic doesnā€™t look at them as a legit spec unitl BWL onwards.

Basically, itā€™s easier to gear a warrior for tanking than to gear a druid for tanking but the warrior gets more benefit from the gear as a whole.

Iā€™m Horde so I canā€™t compare them to Paladin, but in my experience Druids are way better at 5 mans than Warriors. I love joining a group with a Druid tank.

Wars probably trying to tank with sheild. I have found dual wield is much better at holding agro. Shield only on boss fights. Most trash goes down faster when tank is top dps and adds dont get on healers. Sweeping strikes and whirlwind opener is the way to go.

Another thing you can do is go kill Stitches in duskwood if you donā€™t got a warden staff yet. Seriously. He drops an offhand with 50 armor. Thats next best thing pre-phase 2 and its EASY to get.

You forgot that those same experts advocate replacing all roles and 5person content with 4 aoe mages. I mean why bother with any other class?

(just in case: /s)

Iā€™d argue druids make better tanks than they do healers.

Iā€™m pretty convinced too that Druids are in fact better 5-man tanks than warriors, that applies for both regular groups and spell-cleave AOE groups.

Just yesterday I was doing AOE farm on SM Cath with my lvl 40 Druid, not only I was way more tanky than any warrior at that level (Dire Bear form is like a free plate set), there were a couple of times where our mages messed up and mobs went out of controlā€¦ So I shifted out, innervated the healer, combat rez on the mage that died, then continue to assist with a couple more heals.

I ran DM the other day with a Bear Tank. Worst tank iā€™ve ever ran with.

I could pull of him with just auto shoot, even after letting him get a couple hits in.

He didnā€™t check his surroundings and pulled Captain Greenskin twice in a row, when we were just clearing the trash on the ramps.

I hope I donā€™t find another one like him!

never liked them as healer. Healing sponges, a lot of health, no mitigation. So you just keep spamming biggest heals to keep them alive

Easily the best tanks for 5 mans. People got the wrong impression when the battleshout bug was going strong.