Is it against TOS to post

I’ve been advocating for this for the longest.

A global [Services] channel is desperately needed.

1 Like

So… basically everyone?

Ted: LFG DM 25 ROGUE DPS
Dinkleburg: :skull:SELLING PORT DARN 75S​:skull:
Dancingbear: WTS STOCKS BOOST

This is like all within 5 seconds. If you’re out in the open world it’s just Ted blowing up your inbox.

F’ing Ted!

1 Like

Eh, I’m sure most of them are the same dude paying for three accounts, but I dunno about bots. Especially since you can literally skip out on paying the warlock once you’re on the other end of the teleport if you want to be scummy.

Pretty sure most bot farms are far more focused on a Sure Thing, like flyhacking mages farming dungeons or rogue bots pickpocketing stockades.

EDIT: I’d be far more likely to believe that there’s a few ‘enterprising’ individuals who have set up bot software on a warlock summoning pod solely for the sake of farming gold while they’re off at work or something.

And I doubt those types are turning around and selling that gold for real money. More likely, they’re planning to use it to fund the rest of SoD or something. Which, while they should still be banned for that, isn’t nearly as bad to me as the bot farms feeding into RMT.

Individual Botters should still be banned, don’t get me wrong, but gold selling websites aren’t buying gold from individual botters. They’re either buying and reselling gold from bot farms that are hundreds of accounts strong, or they have their own bot farms set up to sell from.

Those are what I’d prefer Blizzard find a way to shut down, even if it seems impossible for them at this point.

2 Likes