Is it a meme to play survival without alpha predator on class tree?

Basically title. I’m aware of the talent’s value for survival on live server as well as the importance of pet dmg increase nodes that lead up to it. But I personally find it very boring and looking into taking death chakram & steel trap & latent poison injectors for class tree (taking serpent sting on class tree because I don’t like its passive RNG application offered from survival tree). Will it most likely be a meme for not having two charges of kill command?

For pvp you have less ability to cast long chains of mongoose bite so focus is less important. Also, you cast your ranged abilities a lot more in PVP as you want to sustain as much damage when your target is out of melee range and few of them cost focus. Serpent sting does but it’s so little it’s almost free.

I have been looking at taking master marksman, serpent sting and ranger during prepatch and speccing into alpha predator when we get 5 more points on the way to 70.

Steel trap is a PVP talent and Latent poison injectors are a PVE talent. I don’t think a build with both of them would be very effective but to each their own.

Injectors is definitely a meme in pvp. I use it for the sake of being poor and dont wanna buy anothet leggo this late in the game and its so little in my breakdowns. That said alpha predator being a capstone talent is criminal. Fiddling with it I was able to get serpant sting, steel trap, and death chakram all at the same time but its so tight. That and I dont know how good chakram will be in df without unity leggo.

True, I guess I should have clarified my wording better. What I really wanted to know was “will it be viable to not talent into alpha predator for single target pve(i.e patchwerk style)?” I have a feeling that AP carries less weight in DF as it does on live because the DF version only increases the damage of KC by 15% as opposed to 30%. We also have a talent in the spec tree that increases focus regen off of KC. But I’m not an expert on survival to theorycraft that it will really work with 1 charge of kc.