Is it a banable offense to use trade chat to sell items?

Communication warnings are for player reports and carry no actual punishment. A moderator has to manually review the report before any actual punishment happens.

There’s your answer, as Thallia noted. Every few minutes is usually too often for the players that hang out in the cities.

4 Likes

Squelches are a punishment and they do affect your gameplay and they are automatically triggered when enough people report you within a given time frame. They graduate to silences when a GM reviews it and decides you deserve a more severe punishment. Or a suspension.

In the OPs case, they are unlikely to get silenced. But the squelch may remain.

1 Like

You should be totally fine. That’s what trade chat is for. This isn’t about trade chat, but on my server (WRA) we have a guy that RPs an auctioneer every night in /say and people gather around and bid in /say. It’s the coolest thing!

1 Like

Trade chat is for trading in ideas. Spamming items in there is pretty degenerate.

1 Like

No

And the fact it pisses off all the Karen’s that hang out there is a bonus.

I would question it,if you traded an item to someone < i mean alot,and this person reports you ,yes it is. My sis did trade away ore (not sale) and was warned my blizzard ,so yes it can get you in alot of trouble. Third warning and you’re banned. Be careful.

Yes, using the trade chat for its intended purpose will get you in trouble. Welcome to WoW think

That doesn’t make any sense. I’ve traded tons of mats and items to friends without any gold in return and never once been warned or in trouble. There is no law that says you can’t give people a bunch of stuff.

1 Like

Items? Nope.

this has never been further from the truth and has been debunked, if you are reported enough times your account will be automatically muted and an offense will be marked against you unless otherwise removed by a blizzard game master.

Bans in this game are mostly automated, and the appeal process is run by clowns.

Doesn’t matter whats legal or not, democracy rules and hopefully you dont get a lazy GM if it comes to that.

Well I mean technically that’s what trade services is for nowadays, trade is more of your general chat.

Wrong. Trade services is for trading services: boosts/runs with gold. Trade chat is for trading goods.

3 Likes

Yeah, I know lol.

… dagnabbit, I missed a joke again. I FAIL!

I mean it depends on the ad… I know what services is used for. I thought you were talking about sales.

I was just talking about what the OP said:

There is a whole channel called “services” that was made for this. Trade chat has become a place for clowns who spam stuff that wasn’t even funny when it was new in 2004. Good luck.

This is incorrect.

3 Likes