Is inspiration still worth anything? How do I see how much concentration I have left?

Can anyone explain concentration better than the limited web resources I’ve found, so far? What do I do with the 6000 mettle and 200 inspiration I’m sitting on?

Inspiration went the way of the dodo and is replaced by ingenuity. Concentration enables you to craft an item at the next higher rank. So you see the rank bar and it’s between r3 and r4? You hit concentration and it will come out r4. The concentration cost depends on how much you need to bridge the skill gap.

Ingenuity is a proc that reduces the concentration cost. At the moment, you can use insight still on DF recipes, saves the concentration use if you got it unlocked on that recipe.I do not know if insight is present in TWW professions.

Where do I see how much concentration I have ? Or is it infinite based on gear and skill?

There is a reservoir of some sort, it’s on the profession window. If you got a double crafter, they are not linked. Won’t be able to use engy concentration to max that chanting recipe.

No idea about the regen rate, haven’t used it much since the alt army is swimming in mettle atm.

1 Like

I’m guessing I should delete my mettle? I can’t imagine having a use for so much of it with it being soulbound. Especially when I’m still getting 150/ week.

Eh well. When they finally let warbank out, I plan to dump all my crafting mats that are not soulbound from every toons there. Should leave the mettle pretty much alone in there.

1. 6000 mettle. Except for crafting in Dragonflight there is no use for artisan’s mettle in TWW crafting. I am going to delete most of mine the day before launch.

2. 200 inspiration. Only useful for crafting in Dragonflight. Use it up now if you want to.

3. Concentration. In TWW I start with 1000 concentration. The amount you have appears on a little box on the top left of the profession tab in TWW. If you consume it all then it takes 4 days +/- to refill back to 1000 (at a constant rate per hour). It is used for guaranteeing the next rank when you are crafting. So if you put in all yr mats and are ready to craft and you are almost rank 3 you can select to get to use concentration to guarantee rank 3. If you are close to rank 3 it won’t cost much - but if you are just over rank 2 then it cost a lot more concentration.

The way you get weekly knowledge points now for all crafting professions except enchanting (and not including gathering or skinning) is by filling NPC UI orders. You will find early on that you need to use a lot of concentration to get the rank that the order requests. In the first month Ill probably be making sure I have enough concentration to fill the NPC UI orders.

1 Like

I’m converting it all to inspiration and just keeping one big stack of inspiration and deleting the rest.