Is Inscription a Dieing Profession?

Atleast to me ever since the removal of the Glyph system theres really not much left for the Inscription Profession left to do outside of the Darkmoon Faire decks and the other few odds and ends. If so wouldnt it be best to just take all the Inscription Patterns and Merge it with Alchemy. This would allow all the patterns to still be kept and be done by a single crafting Profession.

1 Like

The glyph system wasn’t removed, it was converted to a cosmetic only system, which was the original intent of the system.

Being that I made millions of gold with it in Legion, I don’t see it as much of a dying profession. Rather Blizzard did not put much effort into any of the professions in BfA, so most of the profit from inscription (short of the DMF decks), is from Legion glyphs, not BfA glyphs.

1 Like

The downside of Inscription isn’t that it can’t make gold, it certainly can. It’s that, compared to other professions, Inscription requires an extremely high uptime on the AH. I sometimes have to cancel, and repost all of my auctions 3 or 4 times during the day, which ends up taking at least an hour of my playtime per day, just to be sure I’m the cheapest on the AH. For my efforts, I make about 80-100k a month on that toon.

Alternatively, on my Alchemy + Engineering toons (of which I have 6), I can do a once daily cooldown on each of them for one month, and by the end of that month, they each have 2 mounts worth a total of 80-125k gold. Which brings me to around 500k per month in mounts, that I can post one of each once per day until they’re gone, which is usually close to the time I can craft them again.

If you want to make real money in WoW, you need 1 Blacksmith, 1 Scribe, 1 Leatherworker, 1 Enchant (which is best on the character you play most) combined with Tailoring. Every other character, even if its only level 90, Alchemy + Engineering.

I had over 40 million gold in Legion before they started pumping out half million gold mounts.

for me I make sure My Tailor is an enchanter since the synergy between the 2 professions seems the most optimal cause ahything you craft from tailroing can be used to LVL encahnting and I have Skinning and LW on same toon. but i also on 1 server all classes between 110-120

Making gold is also dependent on other factors. More money is to be had just a few months after a new expansion comes out. How much competition you have is a big factor, just one competitor can greater reduce your profits. With no competition you can make a mint. Also it helps to have many active players who are willing to pay for all the perks, like flasks pots scrolls enchants etc.

It definitely could be more robust. Inscription in other games allows you to cast temporary companions, spells, and runes. It’s basically a trade that can mimic other professions and spells but are of a lower quality.

1 Like

Glyphs were pitched as this huge system. Then, once the system was in place, they gutted it. And then danced on the ashes. I still don’t understand why there aren’t far more cosmetic glyphs.

1 Like

Dying? It’s been dead since the end of WoD. I thought the change that once you bought the glyph you knew it forever was ok. Inscription was a huge money maker before that where you had to get a new one every time you switched but once they made all glyphs purely cosmetic that was the final nail in the coffin. The contracts now are dirt cheap and hardly sell due to the flood of them and everyone undercutting. Contracts was one of the better ways to level inscription so there was lots.

I don’t see the call for darkmoon decks like it used to. I remember daily there would be people trying to trade duplicates. Now I don’t see anyone trying that. Why would they since they can get replaced pretty quick with world bosses and emissary

1 Like

War-Scrolls are one of the very few things I ever buy on the AH.

They should sell as much as flasks do, they are basically ‘paper flasks’. Heck they are even better as the effects are shared with your group, not just yourself.