Is Hosting a GDKP via LFG TOS?

so gdkp is TOS or no?

No it’s not, you just can’t advertise it on some channels.

In the LFG channel? No. My previous post has the information on selling services.

EDIT: I’m not sure if you’re really asking if it is against the ToS or if you’re asking if it’s allowed. The answer is - it is against the ToS to advertise services in any channel except the Trade Services channel for retail and the normal Trade channel for Classic. LFG is for forming groups, not advertising services.

it isn’t a trade services

Also note, if you got a 7 day suspension, means a GM looked at the reports and agreed with them.

1 Like

Because a GDKP is a service of sorts. People have to pay in to those, or they make substantially more gold than a regular raid run. Advertising for those ONLY go in trade chat. And because it is a service of sorts, it’s not against the ToS. But it is a service to make gold or potentially purchase gear. It may not be an outright carry, but it is still something you’re advertising that does not belong in LFG.

Regular run of the mill groups to run raids and dungeons - those are the absolute ONLY thing that should be in LFG. It is not a global trade chat. It is not a global Barrens chat.

Someone else had posted here over the past couple of days, though they were silenced rather than suspended. You can look that thread over for all relevant posts and data.

1 Like

That’s crazy, tbh i just think it’s people who just abuse the report button and get people who just trying to play the game fried for 7 days.

Read this on appealing the suspension.

2 Likes

A thousand people could report you, but if you’re not breaking the rules - nothing would happen.*

*Nothing beyond possibly being temporarily squelched until a GM overlooks the data. And then either a silence or suspension would apply if the rules were broken, or the squelch would be removed if you were found to not be breaking any rules.

3 Likes

oh ya forsure, in a que for ticket times atm. Was just curious if it was TOS. it’s prob a gray area that people who dislike the playstyle can abuse the current report system.

If the reports were in the wrong you wouldnt have been suspended tho 7 days makes me think that this isnt ur first suspension.

1 Like

Silences are NOT automated, only the squelch is if someone is reported enough times in a short enough timespan. Since you got a 7 day silence, that means a GM agreed with the reports and applied the silence. Abusing the report function can be actioned as well, if there is an established pattern of behavior.

Also, if you got an email that says Violation: Abusive Chat, then it wasn’t for spamming, unless that’s an umbrella term that’s used now instead of the normal Spam violation.

3 Likes

i did get 6 months ban many moons ago id say 5-6 years ago, thats about it.

GDKP Runs are not against the TOS, but they are unsupported. If things go south, as you found out, Blizzard isn’t gonna much about it.

2 Likes

Those black marks do stay on your account and don’t fall off. Those earlier penalties are taken into consideration.

2 Likes

To be honest, I’m quite confused as to what you’re asking here. TOS stands for Terms of Service. It isn’t clear at all if you’re asking if what you did is allowed by the Terms of Service, or if it is forbidden.

3 Likes

figured, thanks everyone for the clarification. I’d assume it’s the fresh server. I also play on Faerlina where you can spam GDKP’s for hours and hours and nothing. But on fresh, i get PST gamer words or telling me to leave the server.

It isn’t gray at all. LFG is to form groups to run dungeons and raids. It is not to advertise or recruit for guilds or carries or GDKPs. Period. You wanting to brush over this fact is likely why you’re sitting with a suspension rather than a silence like the other fellow I linked.

You are welcome to advertise in Trade all you want for your GDKP. The moment you went into LFG to advertise and recruit, you were in the wrong.

1 Like

If they use abusive language, right click and report them.

2 Likes

Fresh has no relevance you have new players and old players spam is spam and if they feel its spam they have every right to report it.

2 Likes