Is holy pally just bad rn, or am I just bad at holy pally?

I mean, that might be possible, but given the current state of Hpal it is much more likely that Hpal is the problem in this equation.

Blizzard threw some tuning and changes at it during S2, and then just kinda… kicked its legs back out from underneath it. It’s been kinda sad playing it and looking at it since then.

Holy is on the weaker side, but definitely strong enough to be doing 10s and higher keys week one so it’s likely in how you are playing the class vs the class itself.

also hps isn’t a great metric since healing is zero sum, and in many cases having higher hps just means your group was worse.

3 Likes

HPal is still great. Its raw HPS isn’t as high as a Holy Priest or Mistweaver in my experience, but their utility and efficiency tend to be great to offset that.

We’re not running Holy Paladin this season because our HPal is on break until TWW, and we have Rets to cover auras.

It’s hard to gauge HPS metrics, since I haven’t been playing with them so far. Mythic Terros had our healers at 245k (MW) - 369k (HPriest). In a +10 HoI, we killed Khajin with our HPriest ending at 287k HPS on Details.