Is holy paladin worth learning as a noob healer?

After a long break of wow I decided to come back and I’ve decided I want to learn how to play a holy paladin. I like melee specs and I like healing so it seems to be worth it but the class itself looks complicated, clunky and difficult. Is it worth learning how to use this class or should I just pick a monk? I don’t like the aesthetics of the monk class but I’d rather be a melee healer. Thank you. :slight_smile:

If your goal is to be a melee healer, the safer bet is going with paladin. With that, even if it is in more of a casting-oriented state as it is right now, it’s still at it’s core a melee healer. With monk, it’s core design can be either melee or ranged. And if fistweaving falls off in favor of mistweaving, you could be caught in a situation where you have to switch your talents to mistweave, or be severely gimped by staying as a fistweaver.

That said, I can’t really answer your question as it’s ultimately up to you, but there’s just something for you to consider with your choice.

Yeah, I’m just really torn between the two is all. I’d prefer to pick up Paladin but I’ve heard it’s a slog to play and I don’t have the time anymore to level up multiple characters. That and I have tried playing both at the bare minimum level in dungeons and I think pal has more of what I’m looking for. I mostly would rather whichever was easier at least for now. I’m also not sure if it’s just my stats but the healing numbers on my pal are very, very small.

All classes are tuned around end game with gear and all available spells. Nothing you experience while leveling will translate well to the end game feel. The closest you can get would be making a class trial character, which will be level 60.

So my heals by end game would be doing more than 1/10th of my tanks health bar? I thought the lower levels in dungeons would mostly be scaled and the really low healing is what threw me off from playing the class.

Every class has a variety of spells that would be classified as “oh crap” buttons and will heal for a big chunk of HP. Each class also has a plethora of filler spells that would be classified more as “health maintenance” spells. At low level your options are very limited as to what options are available to you.

May just send it and level the h pal. If it doesn’t work out, I guess I have a potential ret/prot pal to pick up whenever I want. But if it doesn’t work out, I’ve been thinking of swapping to tanking anyway. Heard it’s pretty easy outside of knowledge and it can’t be too hard to just chuck up a route in my notebook.