Is fire supposed to be doing 85k dps

is ignite supposed to be doing more damage than the mage AND his rogue/ww/warrior by itself passively all game?

maybe a few fire players are just abusing an exploit or something?

1 Like

How much dispels did your healer have on ignite

2 Likes

I’d recommend considering race changing to Vulpera to reduce incoming Fire damage.

3 Likes

What do you mean? Passives being top dam is peak gameplay.

1 Like

Imperative your healer dispels post combust but yeah, they are that nuts atm

1 Like

i assume by this response you only need one to defuse the combust ignite then yea?

This one would be the most important but I think constantly dispelling it the entire game will definitely dent the fire mages damage

1 Like

ya it does rets too with dispel judgement keep our ignite dam low on themselves.

are people mastery stacking more than they were a week ago or something

Idk i commonly do 80-100k DPS if im left alone, people are stacked or not dispelling ignite.

Were all running around 15% mastery now which goes up to 26% during combustion with feel the burn.

So your basically burning for 26% over 9 seconds for every attack we hit you with right. Which also spreads AOE.

So Assuming your triple stacked and I get an uncontested combust and tinder fireball you 150k, fb pyro fb pyro fb pyro pf pyro pf pyro pf pyro fb pyro right. And another tinder fireball in there for 150k at 8 second mark. Lets just spitball here. 1 million burst, you burn for 26% over 9 seconds, that DoT spreads AOE.

Its a ton of damage.

Now if healer dispels after I unload all that burst once or twice or a priest mds. It neuters that 260k DoT I generated on everyone. If your periodically dispelling after tinder fireball, fb fb pyro fb pyro or w.e were up to for quick bursts ignite will be very very low damage since it was dispelled quickly when it was built up.

Basically dispel with a purpose on combust targets or when fire launches off a flurry of fireballs and fireblast dumps and pyros for mini bursts on a tinder fireball. Really cuts down ignite damage

So what you’re saying is that I need to whip up a weakaura that progressively becomes more engulfed in flames and flashier based on the intensity of the ignite

3 Likes

Or just dispel on cooldown since its likely the mage isnt polying if hes 55 yards away and parsing on you.

Most games I have insane scoreboard damage or hit redic DPS peaks on details enemy healer has 0 dispelled pressed in a game

Another thing to mention is big ignites occur with

Hyperthermia is dispellable but if we pyroblast spam on it with like pi/timewarp proc’s up it builds up a big ignite too

Every other pyroblast during hyper is doing double ignite damage.

ty mage damage went down noticeably

mage still did boomkin damage but i didnt die through bark and full hots without the rogue touching me

1 Like

Yeah, was wondering if that’s the response if mage is just max range turreting, or at least on windows of burst like tinder or combust proc. :dracthyr_love_animated:

1 Like

See post above you too.

Yea it is. Tbh healers who just afk heal and spam dispel in response yea our dmg is still monstrous but neutering ignite after we fire off combust or on a big mini burst really takes alot of the sting off it.

That and not stacking. If everyone is stacking and spreading the love on combust and a ring of fire I imagine its stressful to try and heal through that.

I’ve ran into some pretty expert priests who dome and MD on my combust when they do stack. Like :pensive: he knows!

MD also removes ring of fire ticks + ignite stack on everyone

I always dispel ignite on CD but my one target dispel on my mw and rsham have a 8s cd and within 1s ignite is back on the target.
Am I missing something? lol

(and not including revival, I run restoral based on the comp for arenas)

The ignite that reapplied isn’t even 10% as powerful as the ignite you dispelled.

Ignite dot ramps up over time based on how much damage the fire mage has done to the target

2 Likes

Its fine if mages have strong damage, as they should, fire shouldn’t be as tanky as it is though if their damage is going to be high. They still have poly for CC and blink for survival, they don’t need a strong shield to go with.

If I was playing a mage I’d give up shield to keep strong damage personally.

Oh come on! :stuck_out_tongue:

This is still concerning on PTR

• Unleashed Inferno
  • Row 10 [Fire mage talent]
  • Passive
  • While Combustion is active your Fireball, Pyroblast, Fire Blast, Scorch, and Phoenix Flames deal 40% increased damage and reduce the cooldown of Combustion by 2.5 sec.