Is feral affinity useless?

I can’t help but feel that feral affinity is very inferior than the other 3, I can’t think of a strategic reason to use it for any reason.

I’m thinking it maybe worth changing how maim works. Instead of building combo points, it’s just a 1 min CD incapacitate (like old maim) that you can use in any form.

All the other affinities are like this, could balance it out.

Feral affinity is amazing for pvp. Mostly in 2v2 but if you play with caster comps you can run it in 3s as well.

And no thank you to a 1 min CD for maim. Having it on a 20 sec cd is incredibly powerful. You just need to be proactive about building combo points to use it effectively.

You use it as resto? I would have thought resto would choose guardian over feral anyday.

Is the movement speed bonus that good?

Don’t think I have ever seen a resto druid use cat form for dps in 2s or BGs. this is new to me.

Ya I use it a lot as resto. Re-stealths into rake stuns and maim set ups for your dps or stuns into cyclones.

With the draught legendary you can do a lot of dps too, especially as necrolord.

Guard affinity is still a good choice, but feral is far more versatile.

Edit: and the move speed is noticeable for sure.

I use feral only in solo world content and maybe pvp. (when I bear)

In tanking, I always and only use Resto affinity. I am not skilled enough to use boomie.

Movement speed is hard to beat sometimes. Convoke puts a damper on its usefulness though.

If you see Feral Affinity being used in a PvE setting it is for the increased movement speed and Guardian’s who are reliving the Bear/Cat glory days when Bears could pump out some decent dps when the other tank had the boss during a raid. Today Bears can Owlkin weave for the extra range and that sweet convoke juiciness.

Resto Druids use it in PvP for 2’s for the extra pressure and cc. You see Guardian Affinity more in 3s and RBGs. Guardians tend to use Resto in PvP but there are a few that will still run Balance.

It has it’s niche but Resto/Guardian/Balance most likely see more action.

Def use feral most of the time in 2s. Unless it’s double dps mongo bungo zug zug melee cleave. Also shadow/warlock i don’t bother with it either bc getting restealths are tough when you can’t dispel yourself without exploding.

Restealth, rake stun, 1-2 CP, moon/sunfire repeat until 5 CP.
At 5 CP read the arena and decide if you should maim stun for your dps, or if you should just apply rip. Rip is huge against druids, it stops restealths, and if you get enough dots on a rogue you can even stop restealths bc you can actually do more damage than the conduit shields.

I love me some Resto kitty, and the move speed bonus is terrific. =) That said, I agree that Maim isn’t really in the same league as Typhoon, Incapacitating Roar, and Vortex.