Is exploiting terrain/avoiding guards by standing on roofs TOS or NOT?

i remember getting banned for this in vanilla a decade ago. but now i see it in every contested town. even at 3 in the morning. on the two different servers i play. i report the players but they are still there a week later.

is it bannable or NOT?

It’s called safe-spotting and it is reportable offense. Whether or not they’re getting banned is solely on Blizzard’s end. I’ve reported dozens and dozens of bots and that is clearly against ToS and nothing is happening. Same bots running around, months on end.

1 Like

The same Horde Boomkin does it every day at BB on Lone Wolf. I’ve reported as well as several others and he is still there. And the guards can’t touch him. There is always ganking there from safe spots. So apparently this is okay. There is also a group of Horde players on Lone Wolf that get on top of the buildings at Moon Glade. I continue to see them in game so I’m guessing this is okay too. A rouge is always ganking there and if you defend, the guards get you but the rouge slips away.

There is a lvl 9 Alliance priest that wipes 100’s of Horde daily at the ash incursion turn in with homunuli. They even get HK’s and a little honor on some kills if the Horde dies before they do. So I guess this is okay too? Here, it’s the actual safe guards put in place that are the problem. But hey, they are getting hk’s and honor so this is “Pvp on a pvp server”. Griefing as intended.

I think players are too wise to the game now. They are going to grief and abuse. It’s at the point of being shameful and game play sabotage. This is not unique to one faction. I’ve seen those Horde players in ash lie on the ground until they finally disappear … guessing they don’t log back on. Well, I guess this is repayment for the other players on their faction griefing sO that’s how it is. I’ve tried to help 5 different Alliance players at Ash but they log out and I have never seen them return to game. I can not heal them enough to get them past the gangs of lvl 50 griefers hanging out at every quest points, portals, etc. I’ve quit going over there to try and help. Basically, I’ve quit going anywhere on Lone Wolf except to STV and cities. If you stop one sec to look at a quest or look something up in BB, you are ganked by a player you never see and that the guards never attack. So I have a couple “safe spots” of my own there.

So NO. Blizzard is doing nothing. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING.

So grief on. As the servers slowly lose pop and players leave the game for good. I despise my own activities that are in response to retaliation. I basically despise the game now.

Shoots you through terrain with Viper Sting and Multi Shot and Aim shot from 45+ yards away due to lag

Finds an exploit spot and shoots you through LoS objects while being above you and unattackable

They don’t care about terrain exploits in WSG either apparently!

This sure wasn’t enforced in Classic, so not likely.

The worst case of this would be druids in WSG and that is just a staple.