Is everything broken for me, now?

So, I transfer a toon to a different server. Then, I can no longer pet battle. All my achievements for pet battling disappear. I put in a ticket. After asking me for more information twice, a GM just “fixes” it. Telling me I can now pet battle. Since that “fix”, I now no longer get credit for world quests. Since my gold-making got burned up in the “level squish fire” when the garrison got nerfed all to hell, I had fallen back on world quests. Now, I can’t even do those. Put in a ticket, and I get an answer. The answer? “We’re too busy to take your question right now.”

I’ll be losing out on 20k plus in world quests this morning, and more than likely, another 24k in 2 days.

I’m not sure customer service could get worse unless you just remove it completely.

They did not say that. You were giving a standard form letter given to most players at the moment because there is a lot of tickets and GMs working from home has impacted ticket times. The form letter contains troubleshooting steps that fix a lot of issues. It also says that if those steps do not resolve the issue for you, reopen your ticket. When you reopen your ticket it goes into a different queue than first-contact tickets. It is a shorter queue.

Don’t forget to file a bug report about the “fix”. If it is causing issues Blizzard may need to find a different resolution.

Blizzard answered your initial ticket. They gave you a resolution. Both are good customer service steps. The response you got to your second ticket is also good customer service as the answer resolves quite a few issues. You were also told what to do if it still doesn’t resolve. That is also good customer service.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, Rufflebottom… what’s this mean to you?

"Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us in regard to an issue with a quest. We are experiencing a high volume of tickets right now and apologize for being unable to discuss the issue further with you."

Sounds to me that they’re too busy to help me right now. What’s your translation?

You kept opening tickets about something that they can’t help with.

I’m trying to understand what’s happening here.

Did a server transfer that broke your ability to pet battle. They fixed that.

Now you can no longer do World Quests? As in, the toon you transferred is level 50 and unable to complete them? Or was max level for WoD world quests before the pre-patch and now because of the level squish, is under 50?

seems like only a partial paste… where’s the other part which links reference sources and says to re-open the ticket if none of the sources help?

5 Likes

The response then went on to provide you with some basic quest troubleshooting suggestions and instructions for how to submit a bug report to the QA team.

They didn’t need to contact you directly to provide this information.

4 Likes

Right… and none of those troubleshooting steps worked. You see that line that says “unable to discuss further with you”… that means OVER. DONE. ENDED. “no further” means something different to you guys?

We are experiencing a high volume of tickets right now and apologize for being unable to discuss the issue further with you.

This indicates that due to high volume, they were not able to directly chat with you about your report. So they offered what advice they were able to.

Then at the end of the response they added:

If this is not the case, please respond so a Game Master can manually review it.

Indicating that they were willing to continue working with you if you needed more help.

You re-opened your ticket and then later abandoned it.

7 Likes

Yes, I did abandon it. But I’ll put it in again so I can jump the same ropes for a few days. Don’t take it personally, Kalviery, that your company has let their customer service fall to substandard levels. You didn’t choose it, did you? Nah, they should stop paying CEOs millions of dollars and start paying people who PLAY THE GAME and take some of that money saved and put it toward customer service. But what do I know? I’m just a customer.

I think with that, this thread has run its course.

7 Likes