Is Ele Shaman a poor copy of a Mage?

It’s gonna be absolutely disastrous for Ele if they do that and don’t compensate by buffing a Lightening based build in some way.

1 Like

I don’t disagree, but i dont see them making a change that only targets how it performs while in resto spec.

1 Like

maybe a smart better fix is to make ip an ele only trait?

2 Likes

Well my hope is that they see the potential for some really interesting comps in M+, as well as the niche situations at the high end where this would even matter for Resto. I dont play ele so i can’t really speak to how it’s performing for them.

As for being a better fix, i would imagine that making it ele only would require more work than they’re willing to put in.

1 Like

thats the issue with this dev team laziness.the right fix would be to make it ele only and nerf it alittle bit but thise team is lazy and nerfs it across the board.

1 Like

Are there any traits on any piece of azerite gear that are “one spec only”?

Its not laziness.

As it is…damage is not why classes are/aren’t meta. Mages could actually use a damage buff. They are on the lower end of the dps scale. But it doesnt stop them from being “meta”.

Utility > Damage

yes there are spec specific traits on gear there always has been.on some of you pieces of gear it will say resto or enhancement only traits.

But those traits typically don’t work because there is no corresponding ability, no?

Like obviously an enhance trait that effects rockbiter won’t work on elemental. Because elemental doesn’t have rockbiter.

I am referring specifically to traits that effect abilities both specs have. If those exist.

no idea when im ele spec and a trait says resto only you cant select it.thats all i know.

Was already a thread below.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ele-sham-or-mage/108472

i just went resto spec and ip can be used on resto spec.it give 23% for lava surge which is more then ele.also with x2 ip lava burst hits alot harder on resto…switch over to resto spec and you will see.

the issue to me is resto can use it.ip should be for ele only imo.

Like most of what you say, I disagree yet again. One of the designs of resto is to be able to do significant amounts of dmg in times of low dmg phases to help push content and keys. IP allows resto to forgo pure healing traits to buff their dmg. I really do not see why this is an issue.

thats the issue with wow class design in general.prot tanks do alot more dps then other classes,warlocks have more armor then other classes and resto shamans does more dps then ele shaman.

the only reason to bring a ele shaman is for its aoe?

I don’t see it as a problem either, but i couldnt argue with someone who feels it’s too much damage for so little effort.

Sorry, im a little tired today so not sure what you’re getting at? Im not defending a potential nerf, or excusing any lack of creativity on the devs part in how to address the “issue” if that’s what you mean.

No they do not … not at Max level . While levelling ya this is true

3 Likes

It’s not even true leveling aa resto does not have earth shock or earthquake.

I’m pretty sure the death strike trait for DK’s only works for blood even though all specs can use the ability. That’s the only example I know of that fits in this situation.

1 Like

Mage stole hero from shamans. Mages are nothing without us

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t think we’re capturing the big picture here. I personally think that ele shamans are a horrible copy of a blood DK. We can’t tank and can’t heal nearly as much. They also do damage that can be compared to ele damage. Instead of just being able to throw attackers away with lightning storm, they can pull people to them (With multiple spells!). We don’t have a taunt. Our daggers don’t do very good damage at all. Their dot can be applied to multiple targets with the press of a button, and it heals them. Just look at the difference in representation in mythic + between the two classes… I could go on…