Is Drake Talon Cleaver ever better than Zin'Rokh (in PvP

PvP Hunter run weapon chains, you really think a PvP rogue isn’t going to offhand a weapon chain?

1 Like

Seems I’ve triggered some silly rankerbois.

SoR does double proc rates for anything that is actually a part of the weapon. It also doubles frost oil proc rate.

If you are low geared Id actually use the axe over Zin. While zin is the better weapon, axe spec has just more base crit. More crit means more rage. Its not a wrong choice to use said axe. Its just not optimal.

There really is no valid reason for a warrior using a weaker weapon just for the spec.

You choose the best weapon available. If the weapons are equal or near-equal, then go for the sword for sword spec. The specs are close enough that it’s rarely going to be the case that you’d downgrade significantly for a sword over an axe.

Even just an axe having 2% more crit, all else equal, that axe will outperform a sword.

If you want an example of that, compare Severance from Naxx to Ashkandi from BWL.

Severence has range 235-354, 3.6 speed, 81.81 dps as well as 43 strength, 18 stamina, and 2% crit.

Ashkandi has range 229-344, 3.5 speed, 81.86 dps as well as 86 attack power, and 33 stamina.

If you compare those two weapons, they’re very similar in power and the strength/attack power cancel out…

The big difference is 2% crit on Severance versus 15 stamina on Ashkandi. That’s the type of situation where the weapons are pretty similar, and Severence is probably a bit better due to that extra crit.

It’s still probably close enough that a warrior with Ashkandi will wait until they see something clearly better like Dark Edge or Corrupted Ashbringer or Might of Menethil before upgrading weapons.

Honestly ret is not a PvP spec… or a valid spec at all. You’re actually a detriment to your team as ret as 9x out of 10 you cant even apply your damage.

Ret pallies are a big problem for alliance in PvP. If all our ret pallys would play holy our win %s would be much better. Holy pally is our biggest advantage as alliance. All the rets cripple us overall as a faction.

You know I could save money every week and basically leech as fury spec (as you’d be basically leeching a ret) but I dont. I DO NOT pvp without a PROPER PvP spec because I’m not a selfish jerk…

Just throwing that out there…

Also you shouldn’t be rolling on any of those weapons since they should be going to warriors… hell i’d rather see a hunter get them.

(I know the discussion changed to a warrior discussion… as it should but realized the OP is a paladin. Thats a big fat NOPE from me)

2 Likes

Piercing howl is no better than hamstring, which I already mentioned as being basically the best warriors have. disarm works on bad rogues… sure. Thunderclap is a waste of rage, demo shout is basically a given but it doesn’t ‘peel’ anything like what the person I was talking too asked for warriors to do… ‘isolate one?’ what does that even mean as a warrior? Pick them up and move them? Ask them nicely to step away from each other and not group up on top of our healers?

About the only thing you got right was to kill them, like I said, which requires DPS

1 Like

Did you even read I said I was holy reck.

Clearly doesnt know how to play a war LOL in the 2 GCD you wasted casting these abilities and the 30 rage you use you could have 1 tapped the rogue.

Except pallies have buffs, LoH, BoF, BoP. But yeah making your healing immune to melee damage (which is what youd need to peel for) and then move speed slows 1 after the other is useless. Dont forget HoJ

Drake talon is better for pve that’s all.

Zin gives you 3% hit allowing for much better pvp itemization.

Drake talon requires hit gear and is good because the proc can critical which improves vengeance uptime in pve fights.

You are holy/reckon so that’s not a benefit to you.

Use Zin for pvp.

Lol you are a straight up moron.

No, it is not. That 3% hit bonus for having 305 WS is against lvl 63 mobs, not against players. You gain 0.2% hit per point of weapon skill against players (and against same level mobs).

Not terribly meaningful. Tend to have ample hit in pvp. And the bonus is very small since it’s a co-level target.

If you don’t have seal of command and are using SoR, DTC is going to be better, especially if you have large amounts of spell power. If you had seal of command, it would be the other way around since the slower speed means greater proc chance per swing.

Considering weapon skill also reduces the enemies parry skill, its very important for melee. When you play paladin, every piece you can remove for a big stat piece is important.