Is dispelling World Buffs now bannable?

blizzard can ban you for any reason or no reason, cut and dry. if he wasn’t such a degenerate maybe he wouldn’t have stream sniped to begin with. actions have consequences, and i’m not going to be crying any tears about this ban, that’s for sure

5 Likes

The fact that you cant put aside your own hate to see rational sense is proof enough that you’re just blind.

16 Likes

lmao ahh the ol’ “I have no argument so LET’S NOT FORGET ABOUT THIS!!”

15 Likes

I wanna say the only thing from any other company that i’ve seen like this was when psyonichero banned that guy who beat him in game in league of legends, that dude got fired like right away, I believe he was actually streaming when he did it.

10 Likes

Reminds me of the Horde that were safespotting on top of the gate in BRM, and were dropped down by GMs. Or that GMod video with the guy screeching, “ADMIN ABUSE!”.

Though in this case, the GMs seem to have remarkable timing with helping a streamer out.

It isn’t? Huh… I could have sworn you had to be flagged in order for someone to dispel your buffs.

13 Likes

What the edit says, plus the griefer wasn’t just popping off whomever he could find, was probably sniping streamers stream for exact location, which i do believe is considered griefing

From a horde biggles player myself who has been dispelled by this person…This feels wrong and blizzards customer service shouldn’t cater to streamers. If it’s bannable it should be because of the rules not because you have a twitch account.

29 Likes

Dispelling people is not griefing, no matter what methods they use to find them to do it. You could follow someone around and camp them constantly. That’s part of being on a PvP realm.

General rule of thumb: if there’s a PvP solution to a PvP problem, it’s not griefing.

20 Likes

You’re a dispeller. You get your jollies off dispelling people. You see a couple of people walk up who aren’t very important to a raid. You question if you want to rez and dispel them but hold off a second in hopes of finding someone better to do it to. You see them start to summon someone and assume it’s someone so important they don’t want to run the risk of running and dying or getting dispelled along the way. Hey it’s that annoying streamer you don’t like. Rez dispel.

No proof of stream sniping at all. This is not a good look.

22 Likes

No i know that, i was referencing targeting certain players via external means, aka stream sniping, is considered griefing

60/40 split on whether it actually occurred, but if Mr. Streamer can sick a GM on his alleged sniper, then it kinda doesn’t matter much now does it?

1 Like

No, it isn’t.

10 Likes

I would reference their policies against the stream snipers from OW and how they seemingly made it a Blizzard response instead of OW specific, but it seems they’ve been EXCEEDINGLY vague and scattershot on this very topic.

So you are, correct, at least until Blizzard caves

The streamer and the GM deserve a ban.

28 Likes

If dispelling World Buffs is griefing, then perhaps they should just make the buffs un-dispellable. It seems like that would be a better solution than handing out bans.

13 Likes

My favorite part about this is how it took like 8 months for blizzard to pretend to ban bots(they mostly got players lets be honest) but it took 5 minutes to ban somebody a streamer doesn’t like.

11 Likes

This is a specific case. I would imagine stream sniping to harass a single player relentlessly comes under harassment.

It is definitely harassment. This isn’t regular griefing in PVP, this is targeting a person from outside means. It’s personal.

To players stating that the GM wasn’t behaving ethical, provide your own evidence to them instead of making baseless assumptions.

This is the difference between a report being cluttered in an automated system and a report handled directly to a GM. As long as the evidence is substantial, the punishment fits the crime.

2 Likes

Sounds like streamer privilege to me.

10 Likes

What is the timestamp for this? All i see is an 8 hour vod.