Is DH getting nerfed?

Wondering if I should make one or not. Currently leveling a Rogue but I dont like Assassins play style so if DH is going to stay as strong as its been I figured I might as well make one.

1 Like

too early to say… because even though YES TECHNICALLY they are getting quite a few nerfs… we wont know for sure until SL actually hits.

The reason is we dont know if our overall damage might be higher to compensate for the nerfs. . if everything scales down to 60 the same then yes they r def getting some decen size nerfs in SL, which will be noticeable if our dmg doesnt go up to compensate

1 Like

Most of the “nerfs” will likely be made up for with traits while leveling. They had to take away something to make the class start at a lower level so you have things to gain during the process. I don’t expect to see any huge differences.

2 Likes

Too early to say, as changes will fluctuate. Preach recently released a couple of videos for each spec, though, to be clear, is very, very early Alpha.

I’m assuming in that not liking Assassin’s playstyle, you’re referring to Combo Points?

Which would strike out vaguely similar resources in WW, Feral, Ret and in a way DK.

Level one up (you have the time), and see how it feels. I’d advise only making such a decission once you have full abilities and talents, as you gain these as you progress in a smaller timeframe, as compared to a normal class.

Please note, that while powerful, and offering a solid amount of utility, they are not without issues or flaws.

4 Likes

Is DH getting nerfed? Short answer is yes. We’re not going to be nearly as durable as we are now.

Like it was mentioned before by other posters, it’s still very early on Alpha, so a lot of stuff is still subject to change, but I still do believe we’re going to be in a good place. A lot of those nerfs were expected - and justified - while some not so much.

The community (myself included) is outraged by some stuff, though.

• Immolation Aura going baseline, but Fury generation still tied to a talent
  • A lot of our talents are still dead and unusable. Changing Dark Slash to Essence Break doesn’t make it better. This talent is flawed by design and should be completely reworked
  • Our rotation is still relatively bland and rely on talents to work properly. If you do not pick First Blood, you are going to be playing the most monotonous rotation in the entire game
  • Demonic got nerfed, but there’s still no competition. It’s just so good and so iconic to the class at this point that it’s very hard even justifying playing without it (same problem with First Blood)
  • We didn’t get to join the ‘unpruned’ club. We absolutely deserve some new damage abilities to keep up with other classes. Our utility kit is very solid, so we don’t need anything more on this department

I’m honestly expecting Blizzard to make a compromise and make either First Blood or Demonic baseline at some point, or come up with another ability to take Blade Dance’s place when talented into it. My priority is First Blood, though.

10 Likes

I personally dont mind DH’s taking a back seat for an xpack. Shamans need to be relevant again for a while, blizz has neglected that class for ages

10 Likes

That’s just a stupid mindset. No class deserves to “take the back seat”. What Blizzard needs to do is make everyone viable and competitive.

39 Likes

While i agree, i know blizz dont work that way.

DH has had me on thr cusp of unsubbing for 2 patches now. I have never hated a class more since playing in 2004.

10 Likes

Monks in MoP says hi.

3 Likes

Dark Slash / essence break isn’t flawed it’s the fact it goes up against first blood is the issue. First blood just needs to be baked into the class and put a new talent in that spot like a azerite trait revolving blades or chaotic transformation or something else . Give us actual options

2 Likes

From 8 years ago?

3 Likes

I agree with First Blood going baseline, but Dark Slash/Essence Break definitely is flawed.

Just think about it: what does Demonic do? It activates Meta for a short time, enhancing both Chaos Strike and Blade Dance significantly on top of giving 25% Haste and Leech (if talented into it in Shadowlands).

What does Dark Slash do? It does a small amount of damage in a cone in front of you and enhances Chaos Strike and Blade Dance by 40% (way less than Meta/Demonic).

Dark Slash/Essence Break is just an inferior version of Demonic. It needs a real redesign and Blizzard should stop trying to push this Colossus Smash/War Breaker gameplay on us.

5 Likes

Dark slash/essence break is somewhat flawed in that it does basically the same thing as Demonic. Demonic already enhances our chaos strike/blade dance. I dont see a reason to have another ability to do the same thing. Add in the fact that essence break feels too colossus smashy.

1 Like

I don’t get what you’re saying. Did you even read to whom I was replying to before you posted?

Shouldn’t even have to do that. Just balance it to make all classes competitive.

2 Likes

Oh, it popped up that you were replying to me

So update…
It would seem not only is this class not getting nerfed, they are getting buffed with mortal wounds. I guess thats it for this Rogue and my Monk main LOL

2 Likes

No worries. Why what’s up with monks and rogues?

Edit: nvm - I re-read your opening post. I understand now.

• Complete removal of baseline Meta leech
  • -25% Soul Rending leech in Meta
  • -50% Soul Rending leech out of Meta
  • No Blade Dance dodge (by some accounts, unclear if this is intended).
  • Blur reduced to 20% DR instead of 35%.
  • Target cap on Fel Barrage and Blade Dance (mostly a PvE thing, but still applicable).
  • Demonic reduced from 8s to 6s.

But ya, we’re not being nerfed at all.

2 Likes

Thank god lol
Your still going to have the mist in damage but atleast they are doing doing about them being unkillable

3 Likes

People are also forgetting that DHs get propelled because of Essences and Corruption (due to everything being RPPM) way more than other classes. Our damage without those is nothing to write home about, so although everyone is going to suffer from losing them, DHs are going to suffer a lot more.

I hope Blizzard will at least revert the nerf on Demonic. The nerf is just a lazy attempt of a fix to make the other two talents competitive, but the reason they are not taken is because they are flawed by design.

3 Likes