Is Dalaran realm good nowadays?

I am thinking about chaning my Horde characters from Stormrage to Dalaran (I want an Eastern realm). Is the server good? I’ve heard people saying it’s dying.

Oh, just to answer any kind of suggestion, I just don’t want A52 or Zul’Jin, whatever, because I like more balanced servers, and Dalaran sounds quite solid in 60/40.

Does it worth though? For me what most matters in realms is the AH, is AH between Dalaran Stormrage cross realm or not?

Isn’t Dalaran a Alliance heavy server why would you move your Horde toon there?

All sources say it’s 60% Alliance/40% Horde, so it sounds more balanced.

Doesn’t really matter unless you’re 100% set on having ALL your toons of both factions on one server. Warmode barely gets used, and it pulls from multiple servers.

What about AH? Do you know if it’s linked to Stormrage’s?

Yes, I know servers will matter less and less now. Maybe I won’t need to change anything.

AH is region-wide for trade goods.
BoEs and such will still be server specific (but are cross faction).

“Connected Realms” should share an AH but Connected Realm clusters likely aren’t what you’re looking for in terms of population anyway.

Can see the list there ^

1 Like

Oh thanks, I am going to check it out.

Edit: right, yes, I am going to search about connected realms then, that was actually my doubt about Dalaran and SR.

1 Like

FWIW, high-population realms generally aren’t connected to any other realms.
It’s low pop realms that get connected in an attempt to revive them a bit.
That’s why I said it’s probably not what you’re looking for population-wise, but the list is there so feel free to dig into it.

1 Like

Dalaran is one of the servers I’m on. It’s definitely lost a lot of its population after SL. I’d say it’s lost a good 30% of its playerbase. That being said, it’s still relatively balanced but it has skewed more and more to alliance (especially in open world assuming you’re not getting cross-realm peeps getting sharded over or visa versa at the time). It’s still a lot better than the high pop realms though. I’d classify it as a medium pop server nowadays despite what the server list says.

1 Like

Yes, you’re right, and thank you, that helped a lot.

1 Like

Dalaran is my home, I’d recommend it!

My very first realm… First character “Zorha” a Night Elf Hunter created mid-2007. Oh the memories.

Anyway, realms don’t even matter nowadays because of all the CRZ and sharding. I’d suggest an RP realm to get away from that and have true comradery