Is comp stomp likely to actually happen Aug 20th?

I find it odd that the in game Calendar doesn’t show the war within… anything. I was thinking maybe that comes with a calendar update on tuesday, which might also cancel comp stomp. I was kinda looking forward to comp stomp, and they really should have their weekly event rotation go until the actual launch of the expansion.

So what do you think? Do we actually get a comp stomp starting Aug 20th? I can’t help but feel (and maybe I’m remembering this wrong, It’s been a while since I was present for an expansion drop) that it’s been policy to shut down weekly events for an expansion launch, and this is the first time early access has been a thing.

i dont think so

I hope they don’t, it comes around less often than most of the other brawls already, at least it feels that way. If the early access thing is going to be a problem, just make it so only level 70s can enter, so if you choose to take advantage of early access, no comp stomp, you have to make a choice.

I just hope they don’t drop it the Tuesday after early access and try to make it a race to level cap like they have done a few times in the past with Holiday events. Brewfest during MoP comes mind.

1 Like

Yes but it’s pointless because honor is being reset on the 26th. And that’s also why it will not get moved to a different date.

Lots of easy honor to jumpstart pvp alts = fun detected.

No fun allowed.

Edit: Oop, partially corrected-

So you could bang out Comp Stomp on every alt from the 22nd-26th and then transfer it to primary chars once TWW is fully live. The currency cap will be very low but at least the brawl completion on each character is a nice easy chunk.

Hope so. Can never get enough marks of honor :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This is 100% of my motivation for asking.

I also want to see if the weekly quest goes “warband” which would severely cut into the advantage of running one match on 50 characters as I usually do comp stomp week!

3 Likes

They seem to be warbound now which is nice.

1 Like

I hope we get Comp Stomp. It’ll be something to do. Old pvp mogs don’t buy themselves.

Honestly, I’m expecting what I hope doesn’t happen, they move to the Tuesday of launch day, and everyone will feel pressured to race to level cap.

comp stomp has been a blessing since it was introduced.

i had 1500 marks from legion and i was nearly spent and then comp stomp began…

2 Likes

It would be nice if we could get comp stomp for other BGs. I still need to finish WSG for my long overdue Justicar title, and Warsong Scramble doesn’t seem to be as popular (short queues, frequent wins) as I expected it to be.

Arathi basin definitely feels easiest to path (I am not a programmer I’m just assuming based on the presumed ease of stationary objectives) but yeah it’d be great if they could squeeze it into other BGs and get it showing up twice as often!

Comp Stomp now requires level 80 for people with Epic edition. If you don’t have early access, your level 70s can go (and my last one who was in the BG prior to the early access time started earning XP before it was over). But now no one else can queue, because now my potential max level is 80. Except the reward listed for Comp Stomp all week has been 15k XP…?

Comp Stomp now requires level 80 for everyone, regardless of whether they bought the Epic Edition and have early access.

If you are in EA, you can level up before the next reset and play Comp Stomp.

If not, Blizzard says ‘sucks to be you, should have bought the Epic Edition and got busy leveling’.

Everyone who didn’t pay for early access should just not login at all until Monday, Blizz likes engagement metrics so much, let’s see how much they like it when anyone without early access doesn’t engage with their game at all.