Is classic actually classic?

This is not a “Lvl ?? Boss” as OP states, this is a Lvl ?? ELITE. there is a big difference between doing onyxia at lvl 48 and doing some mid level elite that outlevels you by 12 in BiS beta gear, come on man. Back in classic an opposing faction member who was a lvl ?? would still die to enough level 30’s piling on them.

3 Likes

Blizzard has never in WoW’s history merged servers. They have connected different servers, but never merged them.

They won’t start now, as merging servers is bad for the stock price and bottom line.

1 Like

And require server connects*
Incredibly similar concept that doesn’t involve teleporting out of PvP and farming the rarest mats at lightning pace. But see? Another solution! This is why I talk about it because ideas are created.

They merged servers in Vanilla quite a few times.

Crushing blows do seem to be a little less significant than they were in early vanilla.

You have to remember that patch 1.12 was the last patch in the expansion. Almost all classes and specs had been revamped and made stronger, many items were reoptimized, elite damage was nerfed, etc etc etc.

It’s not like you are playing 1.05 or something. It’s easier.

4 Likes

I hear ya man.

Is it a perfect fix? No.
Is it better than dozens of server mergers a few months in? Yes. If you don’t agree, then nothing anyone is going to say will change that. However, it is what we are getting. Layering is not going to be replaced 8 days before launch because some people are whining about it on the forums.

I am all for people complaining to get bugs fixed. Layering itself is not a bug, was it bad in its first iteration? Absolutely, that is shown in the video from a couple months ago. Has it been greatly improved upon? Yes.

So get on board, or get over it. Layering is going to be part of launch. Nothing you or anyone else on these forums can do to change that.

1 Like

In the Herod fight he was actually being targeted for about 10 seconds of the whole fight, so don’t even try to use that.

In the Cathedral, I didn’t see many Crushing Blows land. I saw one hit that took about half his health bar despite him stacking stam buffs. I don’t recall if it was 102.4% in classic to push Crushing Blows off the hit table, but if he managed to get enough to reduce them, that and some extreme luck kept him from getting two shotted.

Theory: Maybe the stat scaling / diminishing returns at level 30 were better than at level 40, so that a level 30 with good stats could reduce the chance of Crushing Blows better than a 40. I have no numbers to back that up.

Same goes for healer mana. Using the 5 second rule of out of combat regeneration, the healer could have stacked plenty of Spirit with better diminishing returns, not worried about stacking int for bigger heals (saw 2 heals in row go off a few times), and used downranking on the second heal to avoid wasting mana on overhealing so that they could go back being outside the 5sr. Stacking int gives a bigger mana pool, but in a long fight, better regen will increase the total number of heals possible.

Most groups probably wont struggle with Herod, but your mediocre pug will break CC on Houndmaster Loksey, and you’ll nearly wipe.

1 Like

Here is another 2006 video (again bad quality) of group killing herod in about 3 minutes. There levels seems to be between 30-38.

www youtube com/watch?v e5eMjfxs-1c

1 Like

And why was it “fixed” to begin with? Is it because people brought up issues and discussed the issues or did they do/say absolutely nothing because theres “nothing you or anyone else on these forums can do to change that.”

Perhaps instead of saying, “Well if you don’t agree then you’re just wrong,” you explain why this is bad or wrong? It’s almost like you can’t because you don’t know why. Perhaps you need me to articulate your argument for you?
Okay, so the counter argument to be made against multiple servers are underpopulation as time goes on. This is a very real issue. However, this issue was addressed as we can merge/connect servers, transfer characters, or other options we can discuss. So that’s a nonissue. The other issue with multiple servers is potential cost for Blizzard. Now this is a short term issue for long term benefit. Activision is a multibillion dollar company which has the MMO market is a strangle hold. It IS the MMO market. They can set aside some cash in order to prevent negative gameplay experiences. Okay, so another possible issue with multiple servers is confusion. People can be overwhelmed by servers and feel betrayed or upset if they feel like they chose the wrong server. This, too, can be changed with character server swapping, etc. That’s really about it. So when we evaluate your argument, it becomes obvious why you don’t want to go into more detail because you know the flaws in the argument. This begs the question; why even bring up the argument if you’re too scared to be prepared to defend it? Hmmm. I’ll need to psychoanalyze this later.

Just because some balding youtuber says layering is better because he read some patch notes doesn’t mean it will be. This guy even says the same thing. All this does is add a cooldown. This doesn’t fix the problem. It’s a band-aid over the amputation. As a matter of fact, watching your own video you posted a bit longer, the balding guy even says layering is crap and it will affect gameplay. Now, I wouldn’t care if this was some minor issue such as strange looking god-rays or whathaveyou, but dude. You can LITERALLY TELEPORT IN AND OUT OF STV ARENA AND REROLL FOR A CHANCE AT AN EMPTY ARENA TO GET THE CHEST! THIS IS GAME BREAKING AND NOTHING WILL CHANGE THIS FACT UNTIL LAYERING HAS A COMPLETE REWORK. THIS IS AN ISSUE. Now this would be a moment when you say “if you don’t agree, then nothing anyone is going to say will change that” because defending this garbage tooth and nail at the cost of your own integrity is just an astronomical level of fanboy fanaticism.

“So get on board or get over it.” “I am all for people complaining to get bugs fixed.” So you’re both in favor or complaining about bugs/issues to be fixed but at the exact same time you don’t believe in discussing bugs/issues because it’s just going to be there? Dude, what? You don’t behave like this in person, do you? If someone’s picking on you or a loved one or whatever, do you just stand there and go “well shoot, it’s happening. Looks like I can’t do anything about it.” Customer feedback is the most important thing about causing changes and I’m giving feedback about an objectively broken mechanic. To blow it off because you have some strange love for defending Blizzard at all costs is… well. It’s abnormal.

You can criticize something about something you like. That is something I feel like people sometimes don’t understand. Layering is crap. The only way Blizzard will know it’s crap is if someone gives feedback on it, not bending over and biting the pillow. Jezze Louise, dude.

Because literally, in game, the sky was falling and you were falling through azeroth.

One of the biggest changes that always gets over looked is Computers/Networks/server coding that is sooooooo much better than it used to be.

There were 2 major hurdles in WoW raiding. 1) was getting 40 people committed and playing at the same time. 2) was praying the instance server wasn’t lagging too badly so you could raid.

Herod isnt a hard fight, but back in 04/06 it wasnt easy. You could easily die to herods whirlwind because by time you saw it coming, server side, it already hit ya twice.

There is a lot of things that are going to feel different just because the latency/LAG issues are not hindering players anymore.

1 Like

This. Good players can make anything look easy.

1 Like

Bravo, you had me going almost to the end.

1 Like

I had an absolute beastly 19 Twink Hunter that would wreck all 30’s, most 40’s, and many 50’s no doubt! In a 19 BG with a bad healer it was unstoppable!

Same warrior tanking bfd without needing cc, threat is everywhere, agro is everywhere. Those turtles from the candles at the end of the video do so much damage, yet in this remade classic a group with two mages opts to not use 2 sheep’s, instead they AOE down mobs that would destroy you in classic without cc.

Yes it’s true. Patch 1.12 or they made the game easier. It’s not challenging.

1 Like

Blizzard was trying to get people to 60 ahead of TBC.

We are basically getting the “catch up patch” ahead of TBC.

1 Like

That mans mouth is 80% gumline

1 Like

? This is a serious problem.

Dungeons are not challenging.

This was the most complete database of values blizzard has though.

They would have to guess, apparently, at the values for a patch 1.08 WoW.

Which is sad since like… that’s what most people experienced leveling in Vanilla.