Is CC ever going to be addressed?

It is an argument because landing kills on FC and capping nodes is directly related to the BG objective.

And having all CC DR with each other is a serious impact to the core-mechanic surrounding it’s use in order to accomplish said point above.

1 Like

So kill them? You don’t need endless CC to kill FC. You’re kind of arguing in my favor here; players are using CC as a crutch.

He is going to end up muting the entire forum base.

3 Likes

You need chain-CC on healers to kill the FC. If I sat a triple stun knowing that I couldnt be cycloned or feared or hexed or polyd, that FC would live forever.

This would make for an even more aggravating and slow gameplay because teams would be forced to wait for 10+ stacks to build before their DPS would out-match a healer.

It’s quite clear to all that you lack PvP experience, and underestimate the strength of healers.

1 Like

So you agree with me that CC can be spammed on someone and completely lock them out from being able to play.

Thanks - that’s the problem.

You’re also not arguing in favor of CC, you’re arguing in favor of addressing how healing is done in BGs.

I didnt agree with you - I already know this from first-hand experience, and as a healer I will always receive more CC than a lowlife Warrior :wink:

So your answer to the exchange of having all CC DR is to reduce healing as well? This only makes healers redundant, and further waters down the game mechanics even more than it already is. :expressionless:

edit: but wait there’s more!

Every time a Mage used Frost Nova, or a Druid used Mass-Entanglement, everyone caught in that would have their next stun DR.

Rogues would likewise be out of the picture.

Man the more I think about this, the most it would cause more havoc to DPS gameplay than a healer … the irony!

1 Like

… so then you actually do agree with me. lol…

You just said healers were OP?

You’re being inconsistent. Troll muted.

I dont agree that CC should share the same DR. That’s a daft idea.

I never said this.

Dactylion joins the party :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Didn’t read the entire thread, but if it wasn’t mentioned already, the way SW:ToR did CC diminishing returns was just a universal CC bar that you could see above any player. When it was full they were immune to CC and you could see when it then went down.

I think that’s a much simpler approach than having CC categories.

I think the devs are just afraid to mess with it much.

Healer mana is already nerfed to hell in PvP… PvP mana regen is reduced by 50%. You run OOM fast in PvP and have to drink or go for resto buffs frequently. Maybe in smaller scale PvP they last longer, but it’s very easy to go OOM in a BG. Some classes are less affected than others, but even a holy pally will OOM eventually if they actually have to cast. In a BG like hotmogu with the haste buff I probably can go OOM in less than a minute.

The healer mana nerf is actually kind of sad considering the state of CC and how easily you can keep a healer from casting. It’s basically like adding a short enrage timer on top of the normal way you’re supposed to deal with healers. If the DPS are too incompetent to deal with them they’ll eventually OOM and it’ll be easier for them.

I think this is making a lot of assumptions about universal DR. How long would it take to hit the cap and how long would you be immune?

Why are we assuming you can’t kill a target in that amount of time and that you need to be able to CC a healer for an ungodly length to kill a FC?

It’s not like CC would no longer be relevant, it just would have to be more thoughtful than the mindless CC chains you see in BGs currently even from unorganized players.

An example of a more universal DR could be a system where say you had a CC bar with 5 pips and each pip meant CC duration was reduced by 20%. When you hit 5, you’re immune for ??? seconds. Then you can either remove all pips at once and reset, or you can have a decay system where immunity is shorter and then the pips decay every X seconds.

In either case after a certain amount of time the pips would either reset entirely or start to decay even if you didn’t reach the cap.

It makes it much easier UI wise to keep track of CC including not needing addons/timers to maximize CC efficiency.

1 Like

It’s necessary for the same reasons as why universal DR wouldnt be good; fights would go on for too long, and leads to watered down gameplay mechanics.

For example, I meet plenty of Disc priests who spam out direct heals rather than use Atonement, and as a consequence to that they go OOM in half the amount of time than I do. If mana was no longer a problem, then there would be no variety or skill with healing - just spam that one button heal without consequence. Boring.

Experience based on my own capabilities. For every additional healer you have with the FC, you would increase his chances of survival considerably.

Cross-CC would also cease to exist; yet another component in the game that defines the difference between skilled players, and unskilled.

As I outlined above, a mass-root like Frost Nova would wreck havoc on classes that rely on single-target CC in order to be effective (like Rogues).

The other important aspect of having chain-CC , is the responsibility on DPS to interrupt chain-CC aimed at their healers in order to maintain survival. This is an important component in teamwork and again separates the skilled players from the amatuers, particularly within Rated BGs and Arena.

1 Like

Holy what a ride this thread has been. Can we mass report the thread so it can be locked? It could get real weird when the guy is having full on convos with himself.

2 Likes

I disagree. I play all classes and cc is fine with a few small exceptions:

• prot warr thunderclap root
  • destro warlock infernal stun Dr
1 Like

Prepare to be muted. Dugrumak only tolerates 100% affirmation.

1 Like

Fun fact; there’s less CC categories now, than ever before.

1 Like

Sounds like they’re moving in the right direction then.

Been like this since WoD iirc

Clearly your comparison of vanilla BGs and BFA bgs are just out of touch and you’re just whining.

I never mentioned vanilla.

Okay, so you’re just trolling. Muted.

I agree.

Muted!

2 Likes

mmhmm you too.