Is cataclysm skinning broken?

I have a new character I have been trying to level skinning with and may have found a problem. I am unable to be trained in Cataclysm skinning even when the stated requirements have been met, I have the required gold and also my skinning skill is way above the requirement but I cannot be trained in it so cannot actually progress the profession. Not sure if I have missed something or if this is a bug but no one seems to be able to help me with it. Also the NPC I tried to learn from is in Old Town in Stormwind. It seems if you can’t progress skinning you can’t progress Leatherworking either so this really does affect my character quite a bit.

Is it working as intended?

“Must pay for your 75 points.”
"I went to city and had trainer train me; "
Translation: The Library has Books, I went there.
At level 58 as I recall.
I took the first quest and ran outside and started.
Wackin the local bad Boars.
Nothin. Nothin no skins at all.
Although, it looks like you are skinning, You are not.
Although, it looks like you are level 22, you need really to be 60, because 60/5 levels are still in there. As a level 60 Rogue lock box thing.

AS for wasting days of game play…
/woot

If you see my problem as such a waste of your time and you also have no solution for me then why even bother replying to me? I’m a new player here, is this the kind of attitude I can hope to expect every time I actually need help with something? If you have nothing of help to add perhaps try being silent and allow someone helpful to answer instead.

Tooltip displays 75 to learn skill, but you knew that.

@Baji - is the option there at all on the trainers? have you checked the filters to see if all the options are showing?

Ok so I have an answer from a very helpful gamemaster and I’ll post it here just in case anyone else is suffering this same confusion. Basically the 78 points listed as a requirement aren’t actually points of skill in skinning they are the required character level. So if you are wondering why you can’t learn Cataclysm skinning its likely because your character isn’t level 78 yet, all you need to do is keep playing :slight_smile:

2 Likes