Is carrying for gold allowed

I’m under the impression it’s not allowed but I see so many people advertising it that I wanted to check.

Is it allowed for gold?
Is it allowed for real money?

I’d this is in the wrong chat sorry, feel free to move it where ever.

With restrictions:

Individuals and guilds selling items and profession services for gold is allowed but can only be advertised in-game through the Trade chat channel.

Individuals and guilds selling boost or assistance in raiding, dungeon, or PvP activities for gold is allowed but can only be advertised in-game through the Trade Services chat channel.

Absolutely not!!

Selling in-game items and services such as carries or boosting for real money is not allowed.

11 Likes

Ok so the guilds offing M+ and raid runs are good. Understood thanks.

And buying these runs is also acceptable.

I always assumed it was hardcore not allowed.

Thanks for the info.

4 Likes

You’re welcome.

3 Likes

A huge, HUGE red flag that it is not a legitimate carrier is if the advertiser is a level 1 or level 10. The ones advertising must be participating in the run, so just on that alone the advertiser must be a level 70. That always helps to weed out a lot of the bots/cheaters/illegitimate sales.

10 Likes

Its also do at ur own risk blizzard wont return the gold if it goes south they will take the gold from the guild and punish acordingly if a scam was found to be accurate.

8 Likes

Another red flag is if they are advertising in any channel other than Trade Services. That is the ONLY channel they are allowed to advertise in.

7 Likes

I’d just like to touch on this. While Blizzard allows players and guilds to sell carries and boosts for gold, it is still a unsupported transaction. If things were to go wrong, you don’t get the desired or advertised result, or it turns out to be a scam, Blizzard will not refund your gold or make you whole again. You do these at your own risk so it’s good to make sure you do your due diligence and make sure the person or guild selling the service is reputable.

10 Likes

And only because i have not seen it yet, only comminicate about said runs in game.

Another huge flag is being referred to Discord etc. You absolutely want the terms of the run laid out within a means for Blizzard to see in their own logs.

As memtioned, scams will not be reimbursed, however it much easier to punish if the terms are clear and accessable via logs if it indeed truly is a scam.

4 Likes