Is Bug Reporting even Worth my time?

I found a few bugs while questing / leveling without BOA’s etc. Was able to do 10 classic zones before moving to BC for example.

I noticed a few bugs and of course I was not sure if it was me or a bug so I used WoWHead comments as a resource.

I seen multiple times and multiple bugs been reported over large life span and people at least claiming to have report the bug in game with details and no fixes 3-4 years later even chains of people replying with such issues.

I’m wondering am I wasting my time taking the effort to write detailed bug reports like this? I even normally reference others who have the same issue with a link to it.

It’s discouraging to report bugs if you don’t see results especially years later. There seems to really be no excuse when you are paying $15 a month for quality and premium services.

Sometimes they get fixed, sometimes not. I’ve seen bugs I’ve reported get fixed in the next major update, and again, sometimes they stick around for years.

1 Like

there’s one for pets that’s been around since May and it hasn’t been fixed yet. Mystic Birdhat and Cousin Slowhands (the vendors from the Grand Expedition Yak) used to have random dialog when dismounted…they’ve taken an oath of silence since the Warlords expansion a few years ago, and while i (possibly someone else, or others) have brought this forward…it hasn’t been addressed, let alone fixed.

it’s always worth trying, just…be aware that not all bugs will be fixed, and the Devs may feel some issues aren’t worth their time, or that players will find a way around it, or they’ll just come to accept it as normal. ._.

Bugs don’t all have the same weight. There is basically an infinite amount of bugs in this game. They have to be solved on some sort of priority list. This means that some bugs just will never ever get their turn.

How easy is the bug to reproduce?
How game altering is the bug?
Does it prevent you from playing the game at all?
Is it exploitable?
WHERE is the bug?

“This barrel doesn’t always interact on click” is less likely to be fixed than “Creating this crafted item sometimes doesn’t give the item but still consumes resources”. One slows down gameplay slightly and one screws over the player.

If you have two quests that have a chance to get stuck in an incompletable state but one is in Nazjatar and one is in Badlands…well the Nazjatar one is getting fixed first. It’s more relevant content and more people are hitting it.

Because of this 100% necessary priority system, some bugs will simply never rise high enough to get addressed.