Is Brokentooth that big of a deal?

I heard the 1.0 attack speed is amazing against casters, but does it really make a difference when compared to a normal 1.3 attack speed cat? I want to have every edge I can get in PvP but yikes, camping out for hours past midnight hoping to get it while competing with other Hunters sounds horrific.

Should have taken a week off work for release.

1 Like

well the edge is sharp.

1 Like

If you want every edge poss i would say its worth it. The slight diff in atack speed could spell life or death with a spell pushback on say a warlock fear

sounds? that means you haven’t even tried to yet?

1 Like

Honestly, its a massive advantage. It’s the difference between pushing back a spell 2 times to 3 times per cast.

In the end the only difference is to pushback.

1.0 speed isn’t so important against melee classes or other hunters.

If your pet is already 1.5 or faster, any additional speed is quite irrelevant. Personally I never even used a cat. My Naxx raid hunter had 2 pets, 1 was the typical wolf everyone uses for groups. 2nd was a wind snake, which I generally used for farming and BGs. I liked the snake for 3 reasons.

1. It ate my mage’s bread, making it cost nothing to feed.
  2. Shock is 20y and nature damage, meaning it ignores armor.
  3. It’s very annoying to enemies since it’s flapping all the time. Players often targeted it just to get it out of their way. Your pet being a distraction is always a plus.
1 Like

Should have layer hopped before it was nerfed more.

Yes.

/tenchar

1 Like

He’s definitely the best pet you can get for pvp and makes a noticeable difference against casters. I got pretty lucky with getting him this time around. Just walked into badlands and he happened to be up. I would’ve camped for him if I had to though. If you want the best edge you can get in pvp then he’s worth grabbing. Up to you if you think it’s worth it though personally.

If you want to get him, I’d recommend trying to grab him now while you’re in the same level range as him so he can level up with you. Kind of a pain to level pets later on when you’re already max level, but he’s worth leveling if you don’t manage to grab him now.

Quick tip: Make the macro “/cast !Eagle Eye” and use that to scout between his spawn locations. You can chain Eagle eye across the entire zone if you want. Saves a lot of running around.

No, wrong.

2 Likes

No, wrong.

There are a couple of other 1.0 pets. There’s a nifty worg in SFK that is very very fast and a good caster killer. But yes, it’s worth it to have a fast pet attacker if you go for casters in PvP. Check out Petopia Classic for more 411

The only other 1.0 pets are the bats in ZG which won’t be out for a long time.

My SFK worg was a great caster killer until pet attack speeds were “normalized” … some time in BC or wrath. His A.S. was more than 1.0 but faster than my 1.4 cat and this worg was a menace to casters in PvP. So, faster A.S. is better but you don’t need a 1.0 to be a good caster killer.

The SFK worg is 1.2 attack speed IIRC. Not a bad alternative though if you don’t feel like trying to camp to tame Broken Tooth.

I think BT is worth going for for the 1.0 AS though. Especially if you’re a night elf so you can have some fun with shadowmeld and prowl.

I’m just super happy to have pet attack speed variance back. The day they “normalized” p.a.s. I thought my dog was on Valium. LOL

2 Likes

Well when you are leveling and are beast beast specced you don’t have to invest as many points into frenzy since it will basically be up 100% of the time. Is it game breaking no. I have a 1.2 attack and well Im not going to waste 8 hours spawn camping him. If he happens to spawn when Im in the area then Ill try and pick him up. I wish the bats were around. I prefer them with screech.

1 Like

It needs to be stated that this opinion, while fine for PvE, is horrible advice for PvP.

Let math be your guide. Imagine trying to cast a spell that requires 2 seconds to cast. Now imagine casting that same spell with something smacking you in the face every 1.5 seconds. Finally, imagine casting that spell while being smacked every second.

Edit: If you are Alliance, pay no mind to anything I said!

2 Likes