Is blizzard ready for 1 million + classic players?

Blizzard always reported overall subs, most of the people talking about subs on this board or any other WoW related board do too. I’m not going to go find you 500 posts of people talking about overall sub counts because I’m not going to be baited into a pointless argument all night.

1 Like

makes excuses

Oh, okay.

:roll_eyes:

Blizzard don’t report sub numbers because BFA has a high and healthly population.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

They say 8 servers initially with more ready to be spun up. This way they can wait until the existing servers have high pop before adding more, instead of opening 100 at once and risking many of them being Low pop.

Remember they said that we can ‘expect queues’ on highly populated realms.

This leads me to believe that there will be caps on shards…

3 Likes

Quoting this to see the excuses and “reasoning” you use to claim that despite Classic only having 15% of the servers that Modern WoW does, Classic is still “beating” BfA.

There’s currently 52 Full or High population realms on NA BfA, what’s your excuse going to be when there isn’t even half that many total servers for NA Classic?

August of 2015, WoW had fallen to 5.6 million subscribers worldwide.

June of 2015 is when Hellfire Citadel released, that raid was current for over a year before Legion released. In those 14 months a total of 17,800 guilds managed to clear Heroic.

Battle of Dazar’alor released on January 22nd and was current for about 6 months if you exclude the two boss filler raid, CoC. In those 6 months, 14,000 guilds managed to clear the raid on Heroic.

If you kept up with the forums, you’d know that there is far less incentive to raid as Mythic+ gives equal or superior gear for the majority of people playing the game. Back in WoD, there was no alternative to raid gear for the majority of players. Incentive = participation; it’s incredibly unlikely that a higher percentage of players are clearing Heroic now than back in WoD.

There’s about 23% fewer people that cleared Dazar’alor on Heroic in 6 months than there was that cleared Hellfire Citadel in 14 months.

2 Likes

No amount of evidence to the contrary will change your opinion. You hate the game and will forever be blinded by that hate.

They have a board of projections and if certain projections are met it will determine what they do for the next two years of development. But bottom line more popular means more money thrown at it, and that means good stuff.

If this is popular and takes off I wouldn’t be surprised if Classic+ WoW 2 – Whatever… becomes a full blown Alternative reality version of retail. Except this time they limit flight mechanics, and don’t dumb down the game mechanics. Instead they make it even more in-depth.

Imagine working at Blizzard spending 13+ years after Vanilla WoW launched… realizing all those changes you made over the years to make the game more accessible… where actually not the reason people played the game at all.

WoW Classic… the real WoW killer was here the whole time.

That being said. I think Classic servers are here forever. Whatever they do in the future will be based on Classic, but I think they will forever keep at least 1 museum classic server running.

4 Likes

If you think the absence of sub number reporting is because BFA has a healthy population, you’re blinded by your fanboism.

The new metric that blizzard reports to shareholders is ‘maximizing time played’. At the expense of fun and interesting content. BFA is a list of time-gated chores to complete.

4 Likes

They reported a 50% drop in subs. You said it was because it was “still decent”.

You’re outta your mind. If they were going to stop reporting subs because it didn’t look good for them, they would have kept shut about a 50% drop in subs.

1 Like

Once again, the ‘maximizing time played’ reporting switch didn’t occur in Wrath. That desperation came later, when subs dramatically decreased below 5 million.

Blizzard doesn’t exactly have a track record of making good decisions.

2 Likes

Dramatically.

lol.

Evidence? None, cause the only evidence of anything that’s been presented is mine, which suggests that there’s currently millions of subscribers.

Facts before Feelings. This isn’t about “shilling” or being a “fanboi”, this is about being an adult and placing facts first.

You literally have no evidence that proves BFA has millions of subs.

Logically if did, they would still report sub numbers.

2 Likes

I literally do and have posted it many times.

Do you mean the figures in the ten thousands that you posted? You then followed up those numbers with:

That sounds like an opinion lol. Either way, your last sentence is damning:

What exactly do you think this proves?

5 Likes

Nonsense. As no official sources have released that info. Although that reddit leak claiming BFA was under 1 million subs sounded legit.

3 Likes

Read my entire post. Hard, I know.

There are multiple conclusions to be drawn from the way you ended your post.

Also, retail sucks. :smile_cat:

1 Like

I’m going to claim that BfA has 1 million subs cuz reddit said so.

Debate me on my above post, I’m not going to entertain conjecture garnered from a “reddit leak”.

WoW d00d, much evidence!