Is Blizzard intentionally inflating token prices?

Iā€™m sure there is enough data between wod - now that can correlate data.

1 Like

Tokens are poop, worst part is that itā€™s financially irresponsible not to buy em either.

I can go pick up an hour at work and make enough money to buy a token. Meanwhile I wouldnā€™t be able to farm anywhere close the amount of gold a token gives within one hour.

Even if you work minimum wage, most cases you work 2 or 2.5 hours and you can buy a token/sub/gold. The average person canā€™t farm that much gold in 2 hours.

Literally incentivizing people to not play the game, needs to go.

11 Likes

yes there is

https://wowtokenprices.com/extended-history
2 Likes

I doubt it. The token price has been steadily and slowly rising like this for quite awhile now. Which means thereā€™s increasing demand for tokens and less supply. It spiked even higher today because a new store mount released.

But itā€™s really hard to see a manipulation in that from Blizz. Itā€™s been hovering around the high 100s to 200k for months. It looks more like a natural rise and fall as usual.

Thereā€™s a site that tracks the data since day one. Over the years it frequently floats up and down between the 100-200k range for the US realms and sometimes shoots higher like it does now. Nothing odd or unusual.

Edit: Vhisicā€™s got it, thatā€™s the one I mean

9 Likes

They absolutely alter the price. It at legion levels now. Gold was easy then, probably triple the players too. So no reason for it to be so high other than manipulation.

5 Likes

Orrrr

:open_mouth:

There was something released recently that may have had an effect on it

Not sure what it could have been though :thinking:

11 Likes

funny how the very people who gain money from the token sales can influence it like that, maybe a drop new store mount when it suits them.

Supply and demand explains that.

Wouldnā€™t it always suit them no matter when they released it?

4 Likes

Well whatever it is its kinda bummong me out :stuck_out_tongue:

You would accuse Blizzard of adjusting token prices to make money? Blizz, Activision and its shareholders have no interest in profit, they only care about being fair toward customers like us.

I am sure there are times when token prices are low and they just live with the fact that they wont make much money off it.

2 Likes

not necessarily, there would be an ideal price range they would like to keep it in, enough to be profitable but not so expensive that it deters buyers.

I mean depends how you do it.
12 alts broken into 3 groups of 4.
3 callings on 4 toons a day = 20k in 3hrs. a day plus any ah incidentals
Plus 30 mins on 12 command tables a day = roughly 3 to 5k gold if lvl 40+ (can be done on phone).

I dont touch wow tokens for goldā€¦ like any grind its a matter of will

Gold capped for fun, stopped the grind.

Okay Bill Gates, hard flex.

The struggles of being a one character andy lol

the people spending 20 bucks on tokens done quit cause boredom and other reasons and alot of the people left are ones who buy them.

Im just saying there are in game solutions.

Choosing not to isā€¦ well your choice.

1 Like

ā€œ3 callings on 4 toons a day = 20k in 3hrsā€ still comes off as financially irresponsible to me though tbh.

I could make $60 in three hours IRL, buy three tokens, and bank around 500k gold (depending on what token is selling for rn)

Thatā€™s 20k gold vs 500k gold within the same timeframe.

4 Likes

Right so how are they forcing you to do that?
Itā€™s like with boosting of course thatā€™s faster than leveling but leveling is easy just like making gold is easy.

1 Like

People gonna claim Blizzard/government conspiracy, aliens, 5g networks given in vaccines via murlocs, etc etc etc, because reasons. They lack the ability to logic properly.

Sit back and enjoy watching them flail about. Itā€™s funny.

Popcorn?

3 Likes

Not forcing, but I literally will start farming gold ingame and feel like an idiot cause in my head Iā€™m like ā€œI can go pick up at work for an hour and buy 20x the amount of gold iā€™ll make farming ingame.ā€

Makes me not even wanna farm gold the proper way cause itā€™s a bad time investment when going against WoW token.

Now if youā€™re just pumping a credit card for WoW tokens and not picking up hours at work to pay for it then thatā€™s a diff story lol.

1 Like

You can maximize your mission table gains if you put all the alts you donā€™t really care about playing in Night Fae because they have the strongest troops by far and can cheese most missions