Is blizzard going to do anything about Multiboxers?

Where’s muh keyring!?!

You’re not but Blizzard has a habit of wacking others off the forums that speak out against it. It’s no wonder why most users on this forum are pro multiboxers. I could say plenty more but I’m already risking my neck. Just know that you have been warned.

(DISCLAIMER: This user openly supports multiboxing. He does not in any way view it as the exploiting cheating that it is.)

1 Like

Do I like it?Nope
Will they do anything?Nope
Not sure what world you’re in but reality is multiboxing has been going on since launch. It would also be a dumb business move for them to ban it.

You should know better

They are in the “spirit of Vanilla” aka $$$$$

1 Like

Yes it was allowed. It breaks no rules.
/thead

2 Likes

Leelu Dallas Multibox.

Danadolas,

How do you believe this is a “multi-boxer” issue?

1. Every mob is available for any player to tag. It isn’t your mob.
  2. Change tactics. For example, I had a player give me a guidance to switch to a wand under similar circumstances: My “dot” spell didn’t reach its first tick.
  3. Do a different quest.

And I do agree with you that the player wasn’t being cordial. There are going to be players like the one you saw. It is not a multi-boxer issue.

Blizzard is the one that wrote the rules. They could change it any day if they wanted to.

oh for sure, but being that the rules as far as multiboxing goes ( 1 keypress = 1 action per instance of WoW) has not changed in 15 yrs I don’t think it will.

I like how you slipped the “per instance of WoW” part, which IIRC blizzard has never stated.

What about getting camped by a multiboxer who found you by using spy and then one shotted you ?

1 Like

No. /tenchars

Wait a minute, what?

Are multiboxers actually not allowed in retail?

actually they have about 1000 times in the last 15 yrs.

Blue Post Saying Exacty This…

No, it’s not against the rules.

It was

Multi boxers have always and will always be a thing.

Probably not.

Some where along the way people came to the conclusion that the only ethical principle that matters is maximizing profits for shareholders. As long as there are no explicit laws stating otherwise, you can do anything you want if it means making more money. Many people support this world view without question. It’s sadly very unfortunate both for the consumer, and the natural world.

awww it’s so cute when they come in thinking that they know what they are talking about.
$$$ has no bearing on Multiboxers, Blizzard could change the rules today and ban the practice and ban second / third / etc. accounts of all those that actively multibox and it would not put 1/1000 of a dent to their profits compared to each and every ban wave of botters.
Read this slowly : The only reason that multiboxing is allowed is that it violates no rules.

No but you don’t tag mobs in Retail. Anyone can attack mobs other people are fighting and get credit for it, you don’t have to be partied. OP was complaining about a player tagging mobs he thought were ‘his.’