Is blizzard going to do anything about Multiboxers?

Trying to quest and a multiboxer keeps tagging my mobs before i can and its hard for me to quest. No way they allowed this in vanilla. maybe it just tilts me when i see them but i still see it as a problem when you see 10 people on follow to one person and they all cast the same spell… surely im not the only one that feels this way

3 Likes

Don’t take the bait. Report and move on folks

14 Likes

Listen, anyone 10-boxing is going to be shamans. They have a cast for the main nuke he’s going to use. Just use any instant, long as you’re not a mage. If you picked mage at low levels and don’t have fire blast yet, it’s your fault that you can’t tag anything and need to make better choices next time.

1 Like

Yes. They will collect their money off all those subs.

3 Likes

spy is not okay
getting camped is not okay
getting oneshot by a multiboxer is okay

3 Likes

If multiboxing was allowed from vanilla all the way to BFA what makes you think blizzard will randomly say, “you know what screw that one guy paying 75$ a month to play our game with his 5 accounts, let’s ban him”. Hell will freeze over before blizzard declines free money

2 Likes

There are way bigger problems than multi-boxxers.

1 Like

Nope.

NEXT!

Getting camped is fine. Not sure what you mean.

Multiboxing is fun and so is the SPY addon.

3 Likes

They wont do anything about it, they said they wont do anything about it. its the same as x amount of players, so no multiboxing will always be a thing

I’ve had MANY times when another player tagged all the mobs as soon as they spawned, not letting me get any for my quest.

It was never a multiboxer. All it requires is AOE and a high-enough character not to die when aggroing multiple mobs.

MANY classes have AOE. What you are describing is NOT a multi-boxing issue.

3 Likes

Sounds like you encountered a real jerk in the game, but the problem isn’t the multiboxing. The problem is they’re a jerk.

Move on. Do something else for a bit. They won’t be there forever.

thank u, next.

2 Likes

Cry more, it’s a part of the game. You can play retail if you don’t like multiboxers

I would wager you are in the minority white knighting MBing.

Allowed? I don’t know, but if it wasn’t done it was almost certainly more to do with technical issues than any desire not to. Those were the dial-up days and running multiple accounts off one line would have been near-to impossible; the lag/latency would have been awful and any benefit you got would have been removed by that.

I know dual/multi-boxing starting getting a following in around 2007 when BC came on but before that I don’t know. Perhaps those who played Vanilla would have more input.

Yes they did.

No they aren’t going to do anything about it.

Quest somewhere else. :grinning:

1 Like

And do is buying gold, safe spotting, and participating in the ungoro mafia. Only one of those things makes blizzard money though.

Yes.

They will continue to collect $15 per month, per account.

Where’s muh keyring!?!