Is Blitz going to save us?

Is Blitz(less so in season 4, talking mainly in TWW) gonna be the thing that saves PvP participation?

1-are the queues gonna be better or are they still gonna be longer than random BGs?
2-is the ratio of 6dps-2healers really putting a dent in the healer shortage?
3-is healer duo queue here to stay? If so, do you think they’ll ever include duo queue for dps players as well?

I want it to succeed so bad because like MANY, I just want to play wow PvP with the shortest queue times possible while still playing the class/spec I like to play (which I know, is asking a lot from a small developer that we pay 15$ a month to).

TLDR: Will blitz reinvigorate wow PvP enough to sustain it and keep fast queues popping?

1 Like

If blizzard puts effort into blitz and solo shuffle they could stem the slow bleed of players in WOW pvp.
But to truly revitalize WOW pvp they would have to make major overhauls that would probably piss off many of the current pvpers.

2 Likes

Blitz can save us if we can get the rewards like Arens, cloak, tabard, illusion, mount etc… if they keep those for arena only, well then people play arena

Let’s see…
It’s scales up trash quest gear to slightly below honor items, so you can play on a new character.
There is no dampening. All your stuff works as expected through the entire game.
Objective beyond living/killing. More continuous gameplay. No game over when someone dies.
There is an MMR attached, so players have placement.
8v8 is a way more interesting gameplay than 10v10.
You don’t have to win to get conquest, but you have to try enough for a close game.
You will get everything you need in season 4 from spamming this, but you will still be subject to the sweaty mofos that farm world pvp gear early on.

1 Like

I think Blitz is gonna be toxic as hell, the more people you add in random rated group the bigger the chances of somebody leaving. Unlike RSS they can’t give you rating (+/-) if somebody leaves and BG is instantly done, since there isn’t rounds.
Wining 7 vs 8 would be hard. So I’m really skeptic about this mode tbh.
Hopefully it goes well.

1 Like

Not if they try to keep balancing pvp around arena.

Having said that, I don’t think it’s the pvp settings making pvp bad. It’s the class design. I’m trying to find a class that doesn’t require all kinds of stupid AoE set ups to do damage or healing. Seems like every class was designed around it and I find it completely unfun. Gave up my enhance shaman cause of it and now I’m about to give up on Fistweaver monk needing to spread things like renew mist for example.

Whose the stupid pvp dev that came up with that as the best way to make pvp more engaging? I’m about ready to quit the game again over this.

1 Like

I think the key for anyone is to come out in day one swinging because you don’t want to get caught in the bottleneck 1600cr. Get to 1800 first week on two toons and enjoy the season. Once you get to 1800 you generally don’t get people leaving because losing rating is hard to get back. Most people play hard and don’t expect to be carried

Current Blitz is great. Low queue times for me morning or night as a dps. Some vault rewards, larger than usual cap on conquest.

When it is rated it will be even better if the Queue Syncers are banned. Good clean fun if players can resist using exploits or are punished for it.

I expect queue times to be lower possibly in TWW with participation even higher. Would love to see players instantly put into a BGB when it is ready for them instead of continuing to allow queue dodging. The new BG also has me excited.

1 Like

Had a bg where a person left after the enemy team scored the first cap for cpture the flag. We came back and capped once and then turtled for the win.

It’s not always going to happen, but have faith!

1 Like

Blitz was good last night. Queues were short and plenty of recognizable names.

1 Like

There will be games when that happens to you. But there will also be games when that happens for you. Though people will only remember The Times they lost down 1 person rather than The Times they won up 1 person.

2 Likes

The biggest issue with Blitz is queue time.
Having to have 2 healers per team is really going to slog down that wait time between games.
I wish they’d change it to simply be equal healers. So could be 0 verse 0, 1 verse 1, etc.

2 Likes

That’s why I’m cautious about being too hyped for it. The healer requirement and the healer shortage are by far the 2 biggest factors for queue times. I personally think they should have just kept it 10v10 with 2 healers a side because that works in most random BGs, but I guess we’ll see.

I think it’s going to be much better received. As much as competitive people like arena, it’s really only a fun mode if you know what you’re doing. Whereas BGs are generally much more relaxed and traditional experience to WoW, and much more intuitive.

I will even say that it’s friendlier to healers, because there’s no pressure to not let people die as much. And there’s two of you. So it might even see a better healer participation. I certainly plan to try out multiple healers this season, if time permits.

4 Likes

If they don’t deal with the exploiters and cheaters in pvp no… nothing is going to save pvp.

Thing with bgs is if someone is toxic its an opportunity for 2-3 people on the team to call out all their misplays in defense. It happens in every other game: why are you playing X skills, why did you buy X. Those callouts/critiques are saved for the people who make stupid often brash criticisms of others.

Solo q will be nice, hopefully people realize the rating doesn’t really matter and if you dip 200 in a night you can easily gain it back. Bgs are fun since you aren’t sweating over every gcd for 5 minutes straight, so its a lot more tolerable to keep doing games, it’ll probably help the community as well since chat strats in like 1800 will be shared at 1600 because the people who dip rating will learn “hey maybe I should suggest what better players do”

1 Like