Is BFA really worse than WOD?

WoD had a lack of content because they cut a lot out . The reason for this was a failed attempt to make expansions come out on a yearly basis instead of every 2 years.

With that being said . The content from WoD was rather enjoyable and how classes played was so much better. BfA yes does have more content per say but more doesn’t always mean better .Then add in how a lot of classes play .

Yes their are always work a rounds for class play issues but those don’t necessarily make how they play enjoyable.

So I would sum it up to this CLass play WoD 1 Bfa 0 For Quality over Quantity content WoD 1 BfA 0

And I’m a believer that any one that chooses quantity over quality will just settle for anything

i didn’t enjoy the dungeons, i didnt feel as immersed in the story as i did in legion. Maybe it was just the main story arc. i ran them in normal and did a few heroic and had no intention of going back.
same as islands… did a few.lol
How good were the in game cinematic in wod tho… and especially legion… I AM MY SCARS

2 Likes

I may be biased in regards to story arguments because I think Blizzard is wholly incapable of writing a decent story to begin with. I hated Legion’s and I hate BfA’s. The only decent story they’ve ever told IMO was with the original Starcraft. Some novels are pretty solid but it’s not like they wrote them in-house or include most of the details that make them good in their games.

Of course. WoD was a semi dog expansion but BFA is complete dog. In WoD I had nothing to do but I could log in every day and enjoy playing my class and playing with friends. Now if dog BFA every single class in the game is a dumb down two button spec and the game is dying to Final Fantasy so there are barely people on to play with.

1 Like

In terms of class design and the levelling process, I’d agree that BfA is worse. For everything else, though, it’s gonna be hard to beat Warlords.

2 Likes

Neither are very good but WoD was worse. BfA isn’t far behind it though. But, I think most people can find something that they like in BfA. I would be surprised if a large number of people had a lot they liked in BfA.

1 Like

I hear classes arent as enjoyable as they where in WoD so that plays huge even if theres not alot of content that makes it easyier to stay on, cant say for bfa but thats my take. Also BRF was a pretty good raid.

The nature of the problem is quite different.

WoD had issues with the way the content was structured, but no issues with the gameplay. So people ran out of stuff to do while still playing the game (though raiders were actually fairly happy because they still had their mainstay)… and the first round of the whole “no flying” thing (before they compromised and settled on the Pathfinder system) definitely left a sour taste in many player’s mouths.

BfA actually has little to no issues with content… but the gameplay has been horrifically maimed. No amount of content can solve the issue with the game just being plain un-fun to play, the gameplay NEEDS to be fixed.

So it could come down to a matter of opinion.

If you REALLY dislike the gameplay changes… then BfA is by far the worse expansion.

If you don’t mind them changes, which I have to wonder how you could, then WoD would definitely appear more lacking.

3 Likes

There are plenty. Just because your existing circle has moved on or taken a break doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of people to play with. As far as anyone knows, WoW is still #1.

Square Enix reported subs for a combination of 3 of their MMOs when the combined total reached 1 million, which sets a precedent for them reporting it at major milestones. The fact that they haven’t reported 2 million implies they haven’t hit it yet, even as a combination.

Also worth noting that someone playing the other game doesn’t necessarily take a player from the first. I’m subbed to both right now. I usually play FFXIV xpacks for like 1, MAYBE 2 months then let it sit until the final patches of the xpack.

Yes no contest wod>bfa

Yes and No.

Yes because they had wod they should know better on the mistakes of the past.

BFA is worse because it took legion that many of us was bored of at the end, wanting fresh new stuff. And made it even less fun than legion.

I mean Islands is a good idea, but look at what they did with it. Look at how Boring it is.

Story wise the war with the two factions is some of the best, yet content wise? This is a worse.

BFA proves that good raiding is not enough for a mmo.

Actually as far as anyone knows wow is number nothing since Blizzard doesn’t report sub numbers anymore. It wouldn’t be a surprise to know that WoW is below 1 million subs, it’s a complete dog game.

I don’t play Final Fantasy, I don’t even understand how people enjoy such a dog game. BFA is the first expansion that you have to wait till prime time to find arena games. During the day on Alliance side there are probably less than 10 groups looking to que. It’s a sad state the game is in.

Dahell is a dog game?

I don’t know what or who Dahell is but it sounds like a dog name that’s for sure.

1 Like

This has 0 to do with the overall population of the game and everything to do with people who care about serious content moving to Horde. You guys have long queues when you have to wait on us because all of the ones who care enough went to you.

Dahell man, dahell!?

I can tell you don’t pvp much since on horde it’s not much better. There are barley people looking for ques, and it’s not just pvp. PvE lfg que list are getting shorter and shorter by the day. In a year or so you’ll be forced to wait until prime time to play with anyone.

There are like 7.2 million characters at 120 between US and EU, with no sites to measure China’s contribution. Obviously that includes people who have unsubbed, but if you think the average # of max level characters is more than like 2 or 3, you’re crazy.

If we assume 3, you’d have to be saying WoW lost like 60% of its population during BfA to be under 1 million. That’s incredibly unlikely.

i think the islands would have been better as a solo with bot allies, as an alternative leveling option.
The faction war i think has been done to death… sure some conflict… but i think after being split into classes of both factions last expansion, then suddenly back to fighting was a bit ridiculous.

I get it now. If you want the perfect example of a complete dog game log into live and play for 5 minutes.

1 Like