Is BFA really that bad?

Nailed it.

BFA is solid. Sorry haters.

2 Likes

If you enjoy BFA, then the last thing I would do is be here asking how everyone feels about it. If you search BFA BAD in GD… I feel like you will find plenty of reading material… if you really want to.

2 Likes

Alright I’m gonna suggest something just absolutely crazy out of left field.

Maybe… A lot of people think BfA is bad because they all independently came to the same conclusion after playing it.

9 Likes

Our dwarves at the beginning of the thread stated it perfectly. BfA is the worst xpac alongside WoD.

1 Like

BFA is basically Game of Thrones.

A series folks loved, built up over many years.

Only to be torn down by a crappy ending that pleases no one.

Because the ones in charge moved on to their next project before finishing the one at hand.

Man, a lot of media sure has been going the same way lately.

2 Likes

I don’t think BFA is awful persay. I just think people are really starting to feel the pains of blizzards choices for the game, more so now than ever, that started back in WoD.

Im personally getting tired of grinding pathfinder across several patches, that literally turns into a year+ waiting for patches to complete it. Explore the zones and do some quests? Sure that’s fine. But then having to grind world quests non-stop for weeks at a time to get reputation up with ALL of the expac factions? Its just blizzards way of ensuring you’re paying sub just to access a feature that used to be offered for free across previous expansions.

There’s also the fact that this expansion was just a mess pvp wise. It was supposed to be a return to old school wow roots, horde vs alliance. Instead it just turned into 120’s at ilevel 420+ hitting up lowbie zones and butchering everyone more than they ever have in recent history. Yet I’ve ran around with warmode on in BFA zones and I’ve had literally zero Pvp experiences. Everyone either ignores each other, OR you get ganked while questing/fighting elites by some rogue. In other words; same old crap. No real pvp at all. Which is contrary to the entire premise BFA.

I also found the writers butchered characters for the sake of progress. Sylvanas who last expansion was working with the alliance, is now burning down teldrassil and killing civilians. The alliance on the other hand invade zandalar, and while they were supposed to just destroy their navy, they decide murdering the old helpless king, because he wouldnt willingly go with them (like anyone would) is a great way to prevent the zandalari from becoming allies with the horde, which does the complete opposite…as if anyone couldn’t have seen that happening. Writing was a disaster, and SL doesn’t look like it’s learned any lessons with sylvanas becoming the wow version of Kerrigan, with ultimate powers, massive plot armour and barely having to shrug her shoulders to kill anything that gets in her way. It’s tiresome, boring and all to predictable. And having Anduin run around feeling sad and sorry like a moping puppy dog isn’t helping the story either.

There’s also the endless grind of WQs…once you ding 120, unless you’re in a raid/mythic+ guild, there isn’t much else to do except grind world quests and maybe hit up old content for transmogs.

All in all, it’s not that BFA was awful. It’s just that it’s an average at best expansion that is a flagship that somehow highlights the worst parts of WoW. How it turned into that I cannot say. All I know is that such is the case.

You could do this with any expansion. We had thread after thread back in the day of verbose garbage on how the move from 40/20 raid sizes to 25/10 raid sizes was basically the Holocaust, global warming and the extinction-level event that killed the dinosaurs all wrapped in one.

That’s what this place is for.

2 Likes

That’s fair, but the same can be said concerning every expansion.

BFA isnt terrible however the class design is probably the worst in all of wow history.

5 Likes

BFA is not that bad, what’s bad is all the systems built into BFA. The content is fun the systems are not. But when the systems are not fun it makes the content a lot less fun so it ruins the experience.

Misery loves company.

Some players hate the game and won’t be happy unless you hate it too. This has been true every expansion. The forums are where people go to whine so I wouldn’t expect much here.

3 Likes

Since you are a new player just continue to enjoy it at your own pace.
People have their opinions about the expansion and every expansion that has come out. There are positives and negatives about all of them.
The art and music departments in my opinion have done a wonderful job with BfA. But like many others I see that some of the systems need some work.

1 Like

I think what really soured people right from the start was how BfA started vs the way Legion ended.

Legion had a really bad start too. Legiondaries were one of the worst systems Blizzard ever implemented in their initial configuration and the artifact weapon grind was real.

Legion slowly improved over time until people more or less really enjoyed it, and it seemed like people were finally starting to trust Blizzard again.

Then BfA launched and people felt like that trust had been betrayed again, which might have been even worse than the first really big blow-up at the beginning of WoD.

It’s very hard to come back from a first impression like that and the state of BfA hasn’t really improved like Legion did.

1 Like

Yeah everything is a drag wod thru bfa even more so after wod because I couldn’t even do my 4-6 other mains I liked to raid with—and now it’s a pure chore of screw this.

I disagree tacobell has tacos shells made out of dorito shells now its win win now!

100 million+ players have quit wow over the years. its not like everyone complaining just does that forever without walking away

to me this expansion is bad and no i dont play it

3 Likes

As a pvper this expansion is a gigantic let down, no vendors, and an unending pve grind. As a pvper I should be doing arena all day to enhance my skill as a player, atm you bring the gear not the player. It is actually disgusting. Then corruption made it even worse.

Keep in mind this was supposed to be the horde vs ally xpac :wink: good pvp xpac blizz :smiley:

4 Likes

If their story writing was as good as their artwork this game could easily reach or exceed 12 million subs again.

1 Like

It is better NOW, in some ways, but overall it is just too grindy in too many ways.

Yeah, the BFA BAD thing is basically a meme now :wink:

Maybe any ONE of those, like the essences; Otherwise, you are kind of not even playing your alt? :wink: I mean, it should do some things

Oh heck no!

Be LFR hero, until then?

Yeah, the guild I’m in is kind of the same. I think I finally meet the requirements but am not really “the good” so am sheepish about fouling things up :wink:

yes its worse then wod and shadolwands wont be much better.

1 Like