Is Azeroth's sun a traditional star or something else?

For a bit of backstory my guild and I were talking about some Speculative Biology in Warcraft stemming from how do Orcs suntan/burn and if the other species that are heavily irradiated with any other energy sources like Lightforged and Void Elves reacted the same way when one person brought up a good point; does the sun in Warcraft even emit UV light?

I’d love to here everyone’s opinion on just how “real” Warcraft’s sun is, and if anyone has an official source referencing either sun tanning or sunburn that would also be a huge help.

1 Like

Boy, that is rough.

Well, stars, including the sun do exist physically and one assume still do similar things that the real life sun does on earth.

But, the sun is tied to some religions as a figure of worship, like the Tauren sunwalkers, now if they achieve their holy light trough the sun or is just their belief that the sun is a deity, is unclear to me.

1 Like

How would tell tan on green or brown skin?

This isn’t that kind of MMO, the only real cogent aspect of the Sun in game is that the Tauren revere it as An’she. However since with no UV light you would not have photosynthesis, we can assume that there’s at least some.

One can assume however that Azeroth’s ozone layer is a lot healthier than Earth’s.

Krill however would still have a hard time. :slight_smile:

1 Like