Is Arthas gone?

Hard to sell that cause once Frostmourne was destroyed his soul finally returned to his body, and we have evidence that Arthas’ soul was where his humanity was Matthias Lehner. If we had an unrepentant Arthas though? I’d find it meh, but I’d also enjoy the ride but it’s not what my heart would desire.

And people didn’t play “morally grey” with him

I want him to be still a horrible person, I’d hate if they try to justify him with a “it’s not my fault I was tricked by a cosmic conspiracy being scheme by eons” would be a great diservice foe him

But. . . He was tricked by cosmic forces? TF? Even Warcraft 3 makes it a point that he was tricked from the get go, playing on his devotion to his people. I mean different strokes though.

1 Like

But also the point was despite tricked, he accepted his new role and job because “well I want to still rule people”.

Sure he was deceived partly but his main goal was power in order to ensct total control

3 Likes

Yes but that’s because he lacked a soul too act as his moral compass, his original intent was never to gain power for the sake of power it was to save his people and it turned to revenge at any cost. But after he lost his soul you have him make the comment in the first mission in the scourge campaign. Arthas: “I’ve damned everything and everyone I ever loved in his name, yet I still feel no remorse, no shame, no pity.” Tichondrius: “the runeblade you wield was forged by the lich king and empowered to steal souls, yours was the first one it claimed.” Arthas: “then I’ll make do without one.” Like I understand the people who don’t want him to be redeemed but don’t be disingenuous and ascribe false motives to him when he was still alive pre Frostmourne, Kelthuzaad tells Arthas “You where chosen to be his champion long before the scourge even began.” So the long con was played by beings who knew how to corrupt and they succeeded.

Sorry for not breaking that up into paragraphs by the way, and like I said I’ll ride along if they make Arthas evil but it’s not how I view his character. But it’s always good to have disagreements on things you like.

2 Likes

Furthermore his Body was clearly structured to gain autonomy the second his Soul became too diminished(due to being reduced to Matthias Lehner) to control it! Despite everything Humans in WoW are still Titanforged Machines that don’t need Souls!

Without a Soul Arthas was a cross between Titanforged(via Vrykul Ancestry) and Void Aberration(via Curse of Flesh) so you can guess how evil and independent(Void is all about infinite possibilities and freedom) such a machine would be!

Uhhhh I don’t think that’s the case, usually any story that deals with people losing their soul but still able to walk about the world they became extremely malicious or even psychopathic. I mean in the context of wow it could be a maybe? Buuuuut I don’t know.

1 Like

Ideas are still running in my head lol.

Now I’m imagining Arthas with us as we kill the Jailer and then he reveals his “I’m still evil” plan by absorbing Jailer power or some noise that’s not important but repeating the lines he gave Ner:zhul.

“You don’t order me. Nobody tells me what to do. I am the Lich King. And I have returned.”

Gods I’d love this lol

1 Like

lol hey if it happens good for you I guess, I’ll hold out hope for a different outcome :joy::rofl:.

1 Like

God, thank you. So many people don’t see how absolutely messed up this message would be. Anyone supporting such a morally atrocious theme is a human I don’t think I want to interact with—here or in reality.

5 Likes

Well they showed Garrosh getting “treated” in the Denathrius afterlives cinematic and we have yet to see him. And Garrosh was basically the “orc Arthas” by his own words.

Or perhaps people are simply so exasperated by syl that they just want her to die in the most horrible way to her? Like she’s a fictitious character not a real person, and with her story beats mirroring Arthas except for her intent in her actions (talking pre Frostmourne Arthas when referring to intent) to have her die at his own hands again is just funny with how awfully she’s been written, most people are tired of 72d chess master syl and just want her gone.

1 Like

I find it interesting that the same people who root and toot for Arthas redemption are the same ones that want Sylvanas to get violated by Arthas over and over for the rest of eternity.

o.O

Which is levels of creepy that are beyond uncomfortable. LIke, I get it, Sylvie did terrible things, but to have her abuser torture her for eternity is just wrong…on soo many levels.

And I’m a Arthas fanboy so let that sink in

3 Likes

One would think Tyrande Whisperwind and Malfurion as the most fitting followed by Genn Greymane followed by Derek Proudmoore followed by Lorthemar Theron or Alleria Windrunner!

1 Like

There are many ways to punish a character without going tona gross lenght, I hate Jains, Uther and I heavily dislike the elfies in general and yet I’ll never ask them to be violated or defile by Arthas or any of their arch enemies because that’s just gross at many levels and immoral.

People are reslly too high into wanting another human paladin and it’s very gross how low mant has sink for that wish

2 Likes

The Arthas we fought isn’t going to be the Arthas we’ll meet. He’s a broken man who made awful choices.

I agree.

I disagree. The whole reason they added my class was because people like the Scourge and wanted to be able to play in it. We need non Alliance Bolvar to retake his seat.

What one side wants - Arthas gets his shot at redemption because while he had his choices he was screwed over.

What the other side wants - Arthas was always an irredeemable monster and want him back as the villain he was.

What we’ll probably get with Blizzard writing - Arthas either doesn’t show up or is just a mindless pawn of the Jailer who we beat up for a bit before Jaina and Calia finish him off for good with little fanfare afterward.

2 Likes

Arthas returning as a villain would be an overly nostalgic retread.

Arthas getting “redeemed” would have to occur very carefully. Trying to push the majority of blame on the sword would ruin anything actually compelling about his story as a lot of his content would apparently had been “fake Arthas”. What it really should be is that he was all too easily manipulated and willing to go along with the death knight role. No “redemption” should have a Forsaken or Blood Elf player forced to act like a buddy for him.

1 Like