Is Arms just bad at PVE dmg or is it me?

I’ve been trying to gear up my Warrior and it appeared that Arms was the preferred path for damage and some self-healing in dungeons. However, in every group I am always 3 or even 4th in damage.

I’m definitely not a gifted player but my iLvl is 217 and I’ve done all the standard conduit upgrades, monitor my rotations, use a number of addons like DBM and read up on the fights but I’m always disappointed I’m not contributing more and often beaten out by players with iLvls in the 190-200 range. I used MrRobot to check gear and enchantments and it seemed to suggest I was optimally setup.

I was Fury in the last release and was always in the top tier for dungeons and raids.

Is this just the way it is for Arms in this release or do I need to make some adjustments to my game?

Don’t forget to use your cleave abilities.

1 Like

Fury surpassed arms for pve dps a while ago and is actually pretty good right now.

As far as healing fury is also the only spec that provides any of that beyond victory rush.

Arms is kinda bottom of the barrel as far as pve goes right now. If you’re not able to condemn spam then your damage falls off pretty significantly.

I raided/mythic+ as arms for the beginning of the xpac but fury is just too good now.

1 Like

Thx…Im going to run Fury for a while and see the difference. I just need to get another good 2H weapon… maybe on Tuesday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Arms sucks for PvE.

Fury stomps Arms atm.

Fury is just better right now. So far, 9.1 has only pushed some Arms buffs, but I expect the spec will still be pretty trash if nothing further is done. Given the track record of Arms PvE balance… I’m not holding my breath. The only time it has ever been strong has been off of borrowed power.

1 Like

Meh, Arms has had good times before the recent “systems” thingy. It’s pretty much always overshadowed by fury but there have been times when both specs had top 5ish representation. It has been a while since it’s had any real love outside of PvP though really.

1 Like

Like I said, Borrowed Power has carried that spec where class design has failed it. It was worthless all throughout WoD except when HFC and T18 released, where the Rend reset bonus was insane if you could keep it on 3 targets, or even two. However, after its nerf the spec only shined in 3-target Rend situations.

And I quit Legion when ToS came out, but Arms wasn’t even relevant throughout Nighthold because of Battle Cry + Draught, so it only got played in Emerald Nightmare, and usually only if you got one of the top 3 legendaries for it.

It was hilarious by the end of BfA because you could get 45-50% Haste unbuffed, and this hit insane numbers with procs. Triple Test of Might, Memory of Lucid Dreams, and you became the Execute phase. But, again, it’s Borrowed Power in place of core design. Arms has just always sucked in PvE because you need tier sets or external systems to make it good. Fury is complemented by such systems and doesn’t rely on them the same way.

1 Like

Arms is burdened the same way as Frost is.

Its toolkit tends to overperform in PVP and since Bliz is really bad about actually balancing the two aspects of the game independently, it tends to get left behind a bit is PVE content.

That said, warriors also tend to get better as expansions continue… but Fury’s gear loop is a stronger positive feedback loop than Arm’s.

You can do decent DPS with Arms, but it’s a struggle.

3 Likes

Nice, good luck dude