Is Ara-Kara Sacbrood even good for Spriest?

I’ve successfully collected every trinket besides Spymaster’s Web (:sob:) at Hero tier or higher and just got the Sacbrood.

I heard a lot of hype about this trinket but I have a hard time getting/keeping it above 2 stacks of the buff, making it worse than the primary stat baseline w/ the Dawnbreaker crystal.

Is it a trinket that Melee benefit more from because higher abilities per second? Ret Paladins seem to shoot to the moon once they get their hands on this. Does it explain why it’s not BIS on Wowhead, because you’re unlikely to hold 3+ more stacks as Spriest? Or is it a dungeon vs. Raid thing?

Makes me almost wish I gave it away.

The only trinkets better than it are Spymaster’s and Gale of Shadows.

So yes.

The answer is because haste is really good, and Sacbrood also has a fairly high uptime on a primary stat buff. It’s essentially a better stat-stick than changeling/empowering crystal.

1 Like

Spymasters is in a league of its own, then gale, sacbrood, anub ikaj crystal, and changeling are roughly the same. They’re all trinkets that average out to roughly the same amount of intellect and secondaries, just provided in different ways. Gale is arguably “slightly” better as long as its resetting on long gaps between pulls in M+ but they’re basically the same. Don’t overthink it.

1 Like

So If you are already wearing Gale of Shadows, would you also wear Sac? Or have the 2nd trink lean more into the secondary stats (Crystal, Changeling) so you’re not always waiting for a rampup ?

Doesn’t really matter, sacbrood isn’t a ramp trinket as much as it is just a higher variance trinket, and gale reaches 20 stacks within the first 20 seconds of a pull and stays there, often not dropping off between packs in mythic+ either.

The secondary stats both of those trinkets provide is just in the base stats of the item itself, there’s no reason to want to diversify them until you acquire a spymasters.

Ultimately you just want Spymasters + any of the four “Int + stats” dungeon trinkets.

1 Like