Is a Legendary required for M+?

Ya when it varies from like 15 to 25% of your dps like mine.

This was an amazing reply.

1 Like

Keep in mind the easiest thing you get with a Legendary is iLvl. It won’t make a huge difference once 9.1.5 hits, but if you can stand to do it now, you can get it out of the way, and then the Soul Ash for the 262 will be that much easier. Because some people do place importance on iLvl.

Could you elaborate on this? What is changing about legendaries in 9.1.5?

Um no, I was a bear tank doing 15s and almost had KSM without one and 220 gear.

You can do it and it’s very easy.

All true, but just not that much pressure.

I’m tanking +5s and I don’t have my legendary on either of my alts. Nobody has said boo. I have no doubt that for the higher level stuff, folks get much more picky. But the low end stuff? No.

What is important is simply playing your class well and knowing the fights. It’s amazing how little DPS a legendary can boost when you’re lying dead in a heap.

My last +8 the tank and one of the DPS’s were doing nothing but raging on each other over who has the worst IO score. How much DPS did that cost?

Getting the legendary today is not hard, there’s several sources of ash, most notably your main toon who can likely run through Torghast with their eyes closed. Ash comes down in a soaking rain in Torghast right now. You have more of a trick getting your memory than getting the ash for it.

No, Legendaries aren’t changing, but it’ll be a lot easier to get them is what I meant. With the removal of the caps on Ashes an Embers you can earn, and with Torghast unlocks being BoA (as they are now), it shouldn’t be too tough to find someone to carry you through a few 9s through 12s.

1 Like

Leggos are mandatory, the game is balanced around having them.

Besides being “mandatory” for the others in your group, they will make your life a lot easier and your damage will be better.

It’s a rather pesky process. You might also need to wait for the memory you want to become available. There are workarounds but those seem even longer to use.

Yes because its huge DPS, unless you wanna be carried?

You can get a 235 extremely quickly, and that is perfectly fine for all levels of m+. Even without one realistically it’s fine, you can time a 15 with only 2 dps. Getting into pugs might be hard but especially if you have a group it will be fine.

It’s not really a requirement

It’s not required for lower keys, especially if you host your own. This toon doesn’t have one (I’m savin up for the 262, and I hate Torghast) and I’ve run some. Granted, I was doing up to 4’s without a covenant.

But just because its not required doesn’t mean its not a good idea to get one.

Why would you want a 262? It’s pretty optional for anything under cutting edge or m20s

Because big number make brain happy.

I also want to get into doing mythics more. TBH I’ll probably end up getting the 249.

There’s two answers to that question. Does it actually make a huge difference? No. Apart from the fact it’s a 262 piece of gear with hand picked stats, they’re extremely lackluster. The other half of the answer pertains to perception and it’s impact on your ability to play the game. If people think you need it, you basically need it.

If you have to ask, then you shouldn’t be doing keys considering you are not equipped enough gear wise or mentality wise.