Is a Legendary required for M+?

If I’m leveling alts specifically for M+, are legendaries required?

As soon as I ding 60, can I start tanking dungeons and work my way into M+ without grinding all of the BS systems?

How ham strung will I be?

You’ll be fine at lower end mythics, but if you want to progress, you’ll probably want one

Short answer yes

Long answer very yes

9 Likes

How long does it take for a fresh alt to get a legendary

You dont need one at the highest ilvl, you can just craft it at the base level and save yourself the currency, but the effect they give is worthwhile

1 Like

You can farm the ashes needed for the first few ranks, so it depends how fast you clear thorgast

Depending on how high you can clear the layers, like a day

Depends if you’re going to just buy a 190 base or make your own.

The soulash should not take very long. Torghast is the most time consuming part, but that can be done on the lower levels so you can just blast through (if you don’t care about it much).

I’m going to be brutally honest with you.

If anyone notices you are not equipped with a legendary, you will be called out to the group leader.

Then your class is grass.

lmao.

7 Likes

you can get the soul ash to make a 190 in an hour of torghast.

if you’re just doing low keys, it won’t make a big difference. (it will improve your performance, but it’s not going to make or break a +4)

depends on class/spec some legendaries are 10-20% of a classes. Some are far less of course, its just how these systems are sometimes a legendary will be a linchpin of the build you run.

Fevirin is right; it really depends on the spec. For example, on my monk, I get Heroism (Bloodlust) for free when I summon my celestial (2min CD). Not having that Legendary is quite noticable. Conversely, I’m not even sure I could tell you what legendary I have on my Shaman. :slight_smile:

I can’t think of any class that isn’t designed around their legendary.

You can go without it, but it’s going to be much harder.

1 Like

Absolutely. Player base is really competitive these days. They will want to see your logs and a rank 5 legendary at the least. This is all for a mythic 0. Wait till you see +2 requirements.

Totally possible to do keys with no legendary, no conduits and a bad covenant.

Just realise that every system you ignore adds that much more pressure for you to over perform.

Realistically though you’ll want to grab at least a 190 or 210 legendary (100-2000g on good servers), pick a viable covenant and just earn your renown while running dungeons.

The anima grind, covenant buildings, conduit farming, korthia farming can be ignored and you can still get to +15s.

Will more effort and grinding make it easier or faster? Yeah. Will people kick you from their +2 because you’re not renown capped, 262 legendary and 252 conduits? Only the people that do 1dps and need hard carries.

Lower keys you’ll be fine. But if you’re pushing to go higher or trying to pug, you’ll get left out.

You can farm ash on your main or other characters and sent it to the fresh alt as well

1 Like

I would say get the 190 version or even the 210/225 version, going from no legendary to your BiS legendary is more significant than going from 190 legendary to 262 legendary. Getting the 190 legendary can be done in a day and you’ll probably need between 2-1000 gold.

You can, but it’ll probably be faster to just “grind the BS systems”.

You run heroics for weeks and get 197 gear. Or run Torghast a few times and do the weekly for a legendary thats 225. Your choice.

On the server i play on the cheapest highest ilevel base item you can grab is the cloak. If you are ret though you will prob want the mad martigan power, plate waist or I forget the other.