Is a Character transfer in order?

I’m on a server that is 99% horde as an alliance player. Dead auction house. No raids. I’m in a guild that raids occasionally if they have enough people which doesn’t seem to be very often. I’d really like the opportunity to raid more with a dedicated guild group or at least have the opportunity to get pugs for the occasional off raid. Server transfer worth it or just wait for Cata?

Character transfers have been in the store for ages.

That’s for you to decide. No one else can do that for you. If what you’re really asking is, “can I raid if I transfer,” then yes. Being alliance, simply go to a realm with high alliance population. The more people it has, the easier it’ll be to find raids.

I wouldn’t say “nightmare” but it will hurt your ping a little bit. It’s not worth it when there’s realms in your own region you could be playing on.

I understand that. I’m asking if it’s worth it? Or just wait for Cata

The servers as they are now will progress to Cata, and it will not fix the 99/1 population imbalance. Transferring servers will greatly increase your enjoyment of the game. Check out ironforge website for server populations, I believe Benediction and Pagle are the Alliance-populated servers. Or Grobbulus, if you enjoy wpvp.

I do enjoy PvP a lot. What I play for. If Grob is west but I live in east coast, will that be a nightmare connection wise?

No, the difference might be 20ms or so. Not gamebreaking. Make a toon there and test it for yourself, you can view your ping on server.

My whole guild transferred from an east coast server to grobbulus and we have no issues. Grobbulus is where it’s at. We have the best and most interactive community. Server events all week.

That’s good to hear, you think it would be easier for me to get into weekly ICC stuff? I have the GS and IL for it.

I’m located in the Midwest and play in Grobbulus, I personally don’t really notice any ping/latency issues. There are definitely guilds that still look for pugs for ICC in global chats.