Ironforge to Darnassus

Lots of people have made videos and posted routes over the years for low level toons to get from Darnassus to Ironforge/Stormwind. Is there an optimal/off the beaten path route for a human or gnome/dwarf to get to Darnassus at a low level?

3 Likes

I already know someone will post it because I’ve seen it a bunch lately, so I won’t try to find the video right this second. Short answer is yes! Particularly, dwarf/gnome have a very easy time because they can run up a hill in Dun Morogh, enter Wetlands from there, die from fall damage, and appear at the GY by Menethil Harbor. Saves a huge trip through Wetlands.

Humans can theoretically do this too. I’m not sure if there’s a faster way. There could be.

6 Likes

Run like a man, take your deaths and resurrect at furthest point. This is my plan (on my character that is not a man but is a bank character) on Tuesday, Monday will take it from starting zone to Darn then the long journey begins.

1 Like

Here is the video

12 Likes

Is this still a thing though? I was under the impression this run was done primarily because Ironforge had the only auction house at launch.

With all the capitols having an AH by 1.12, will people really make this run on a low level character just to quest?

Quest or play with friends, sure.

I will yes! I don’t like Elwynn/Westfall/Redridge. I looove Teldrassil/Darkshore/Ashenvale. Dun Morogh/Loch Modan/Wetlands is OK, but I won’t be making any gnomes or dwarfs, so it’s not super convenient either.

Kalimdor ftw.

But how will you run Deadmines?!

Not worried about it!

1 Like

By the time you can run Deadmines, getting through the Wetlands is less of a chore.

Other than that, I suppose I can see where you’re coming from if you don’t like those zones

Start at Ironforge (so, if you’re a human, take the tram first and get the flight path before you leave).

Go east to Loch Modan. Get the flight path.

Go north to Wetlands.

Die.

Die some more.

Reach Menethil Harbor in Wetlands. Get the flight path.

Take the ship to Auberdine. Not the one to Theramore, there are few night elves there.

Get the flight path.

Take the ship to Ru’theran Village. Get the flight path.

Go through the portal. There it is, Darnassus, in all its purple glory.

9 Likes

Yeah, a lot of people do/did not like the night elf leveling areas.

Even though technically they are far superior till level 20ish outside of missing out on deadmines.

Yeah but it’s good to start picking up the quest chains in Westfall well ahead of time. I’ll have some characters level there due to logistics like class trainers for paladin and warlock, but my priest is going to live in Kalimdor.

Thank you very much! Thanks to this I was able to meet up with the other half of our guildies and got our guild charter signed on the first day.

2 Likes

I only had to die once. Try using the right guide.

1 Like

It’s literally the first link when you Google Ironforge to Darnassus…

In retail, you face the Ironforge gates (from outdoors) then go to your right, near the gates. You can reach the top of the hill there.

In Classic there is no path there. But there is a path on the road to Gnomeregan. There is a huge log on the road (on the left) and you can get up the hills to the right, going over the top.

Either way, once you are in the Wetlands zone you can just jump and die, and you will rez at the Menethil graveyard. From Menethil there is a boat to Darkshore, where there is another boat to Darnassus.

It turns out that if you want to take alchemy past 150, you have to see a master in Darnassus. The earliest you can do that is level 20, and I think it would be great to have high level alchemy (relative to my own level), so that’s why I’m looking at the thread.

Ask a friend for a port.

to? darnassus? only one i know of is wetlands to darkshore, darkshore to teldrassil. wetlands is pretty close to ironforge. getting to it as a level 5 might be a pain but it’s doable i’m sure.

Daily reminder that horde players never have to ask this question. They just take the zeppelin and voila!

1 Like

You can run the length of Dun Morogh, the length of Loch Lomand, and the length of Wetlands.

Or you can take the shortcut. Take the road WEST out of Ironforge, heading towards the gnomes. Just before you get to the gnomes, there’s a huge dead log on the road. At that point there is a path North up to the top of the mountains. Go up.

Keep heading north until you switch zones into Wetlands, then fall and die. It’s tricky to get far enough north so you die in Wetlands.

If you die in Wetlands, you rez just north of the harbor where the boats are. You can get the flight path there, then take the boats.