Iron Wire?

Hey Rogue forums.

I’m leveling and trying out various talent combinations.

I’m currently playing without subterfuge, or other stealth talents. But for whatever reason despite having iron wire selected my garrote when used from stealth isn’t properly silencing the target?

Anyone got a clue what’s wrong or just typical bug report? Or did i miss some patch notes or something? I don’t see anything in the talent changelog

BMQAcWb37Z8KXj8LlE1rTPXfsFikIJJEAAAAAACQjAAAAAAAlSSSScAikkSKJJRCSECJtWLSIA

my janky build for reference. don’t worry about fixing it i’m just goofing around.

You might be breaking yourself out of stealth without realizing it. Since you are not running Subterfuge or Improved Garrote, if Garrote is not the first button you hit while in stealth you can’t utilize iron wire. Could also very much well be that there is a bug going on with certain talents as well. Idk hard to say without watching you, but that is the best advice I got mate. GLHF.

2 Likes

I respecced into subterfuge and added /stopattack into my garrote macro & it still doesn’t silence targets from stealth. It’s really weird. I"m gonna log my main rogue to see if he can use the talent lol.

I suspect it’s likely that I don’t have improved garrote or some other talent, if they used to be a prerequisite or something before blizzard moved talents around. So in other words just a bug.
Edit:

I’ve confirmed from messing around some more it’s a bug involving not having improved garrote despite it not being a requisite talent.

It’s not that I don’t want improved garrote, it’s that I don’t want the extra energy talent lol.

1 Like