Ion's Covenant Response In an Interview Just Now

This has been the only thing keeping me from buying Shadowlands.

Guess I won’t be playing.

2 Likes

yawn.

that has been a core point for this game since MC… Ion himself was one of the proponents. Don’t act like this isn’t something central to the experience in wow. For a huge portion of the playerbase, that has been a key factor of WHY we enjoy this game.

Blizzard has been pushing and promoting performance for ages. Introducing Mythic and LFR to further break down levels of difficulty speaks to that.

2 Likes

As a casual/RPer it doesn’t impact me directly - but I feel really bad for all the people that would enjoy the game if they were given the ability to choose covenants when they switch roles and between raiding dungeons and arena.

I think I’d rather support a different game at this point. Blizzard just continues to be disrespectful to their customers.

2 Likes

Yet now his design direction is clearly not centered around tryhard and ultra competitive content and instead focus on fun minigames and theme.
E-peen contents are no longer the center of WoW : )

Looks like things evolved, but I know some people dont like that, but I am happy with the direction of the dev team even though tryhards hate it

I’ve been hoping for more choices and player agency. Sadly we get restrictions and a punitive system that goes in the opposite direction of what some of us find fun about the game.

1 Like

I know you are a troll who gets his kicks from stirring stuff up but if anyone is whineing its you. Anyone who wants to open stuff to make barriers of entry easier you are there to argue on behalf of blizz.

2 Likes

Dude has a lot of hate in his heart. When there aren’t enough real people to hate - he makes them up.

1 Like

I’m happy! So many people are going to be punished and forced to play the game the way many of us (Ralph, Argorwal, etc.) want the game to be played.

Proceeds to post in threads with people whining that RPG choices are hard and that they should be able to ruin them so they can change anything like talents because they cant imagine playing a game with a build that isnt optimal for each dungeon, a very unhealthy and dumb mentality

I guess it’s time to figure out how to multi-box and start leveling 4 characters of each class we want to play in Shadowlands?

Out of all the people supporting this, you’re the most honest! I don’t think people believe you that you actually want to see them suffer though.

Ah yes the straw man. The argument of the educated man. I never said I didn’t want rpg elements in games. Rpgs are among my favorite games however in a multi-player game power should not be locked behind a choice i made for rp purposes. And now everyone watch as he tries to argue that if we want covenants to change we should also want to freely swap classes.

1 Like

quit calling people who want to be good at the game try hards, troll. the group of players you are referring to is in the minority. Just because someone wants to do the best they can in a video games doesn’t mean they need to put down by trolls like you.

the tryhards exist mostly in your head.

and he’s not getting banned. I don’t understand it.

2 Likes

I doubt it.

I’m not alone in what I enjoy about it. Ralph and all the other people that support the system may have slight differences to the reasons we support the system - but the punishing nature of it is fundamental across all of them.

Not sure who doesn’t/wouldn’t believe me.

You trying to change human behavior is totally adorable.

2 Likes

My feelings are mostly sadness. My thoughts revolve around what other game to play instead.

1 Like

You are right there, if humans keep acting like primitives controlled by their own nature the planet is lost and problems will never cease.

Any hope this species have for survival and actually enjoying things is if they learn and control their own behavior.

But that is too complicated for many to even realize.

Do I have high standards and expectations from people, yes.

I get the impression that people think your posts are satirical. Either way, you’re right. Ralph is very open about his hate.

2 Likes

And I leveled and geared both of those classes so I could play both, so him saying this is telling us we’ll need multiples of the same class to pick a different covenant on each.

How can he not see that.

2 Likes

It’s Marxism. I’m positive of it. The troll is a marxist. He hates the individual and abhors any hint of elitism.

2 Likes