#Ionpromised

no, because 25314611 players will also be griefing, because that is the experience having that many players leads to, one where no single player matters at all and can do and get away with anything lost in the flood of players, just like retail.

vanilla was a completely different experience precisely because there were not that many players per server.

Vanilla was different because you relied on players from your server to progress, the amount of players didnt come into it. If we were talking about mega servers hosting millions of players or even hundreds of thousands I could see your argument. If you play up, you will develop a reputation and you will find it harder to progress.

I’ll be rolling heals, same as I did in vanilla. Better believe the first rogue to need on that int mace is copping a blacklist. Will that mean they will never find a group? No. Will it mean I will never group with them again? Yes. Thus my personal gaming experience is safe.

1 Like

layered realms are mega servers. there will be tens of thousands of players on your server.

sure, each individual layer is vanilla sized, but you have access to each and every layer and all the players on them with a simple hop. no, you won’t develop a reputation on a server with that many players.

1 Like

To be clear, Saqe is an unrepentant troll and you fell into his response.

Did he say “i promise”? I totally do not remember hearing that part.

2 Likes

Well that sounds pretty clear and convincing to me. I don’t know why people are still making an issue. He said the right things and people act like he said “you will be layered and you will like it!!”. lol. If it doesn’t happen then I expect to see some well earned raging on the forums. Seems a bit early for that to me.

1 Like

How are we to become friends if we begin our relationship with you calling me a sheep? I may not be able to form an opinion of my own, but there are worse things…like sheep.

#endlayeringnow

1 Like

If they couldn’t panic about this, what is left to panic about? Beta is all but over, and only the Hunters have real cause for concern.

2 Likes

Glad I don’t play hunter. lol. It would be nice to see some happiness around here for a change. :slight_smile:

Again: NO ONE who is going to be playing Classic to have fun is going to be bothered by a short period of overcrowdedness.

It’s not an argument for your ‘solution’ if the argument flies just as easily for ‘the problem’.

Again, you’re the one panicking over early overcrowdedness.

Why do you do everything backwards?

2 Likes

Yeah, to use us as a test bed without harming retail.

Except your statement is a logical mistake.

No-one is going to be playing Classic and having fun because the vast majority all going to be getting frustrated in queues.

Great, because your statement is flawed, therefore mine must be perfect right? That’s how this works?

Define overcrowdedness. Cramming people into quest zones by the thousands is not Vanilla. And we’ve already been told by Blizzard that they won’t accept long queues.

You’re stuck between a rock and a hard place, and you’re demanding that the sea won’t rise.

1 Like

Scary

This

I’ve given Blizzard one month. If layering is still in the game after a month, I’m out. It’s already bad enough that layering will exist in the worst time period for layering, the launch period when everyone is leveling, but extending it beyond a month exceeds my willingness to tolerate it.

2 Likes

For a few weeks at most.

No big deal.

It’s really not that difficult to grasp.

Once again: if Layering is “no problem because it’s only for a few weeks”, then I will argue the exact same thing for early launch overcrowdedness and login issues.

Not in the slightest, and I am not even going to bother to try and untangle that twisted logic you are trying to use.

A lot of people in a zone. Gee, that was hard to define.

It’s a Launch experience. Big, frigging, deal?

Yes, we have.

And I disagree.

What’s your point?

I was only replying to you to point out the ridiculousness of your arguments in favor of Layering.

2 Likes

Don’t bother replying to elolrael he/she/it doesn’t have the basic comprehension required to understand why layering is bad for the game. Unworthy of attention

Nope. If people are stuck in queues, that bulge won’t disperse for far longer, so we might even get a “all of phase 1” long queues, which would be counted by both Blizzard and public perception, as a failure.

The two solutions are not identical nor do they have the same outcome, despite your desire to claim so, in order to validate your position.

Ok, great. You will have what you desire. You’re arguing against something giving you what you want. How hard is this to understand? A layer is designed to give you a 3k player experience, regardless of the number of people on the server. There will be competition. There will be a need to group up. There will not be 1000 players in Elwynn Forest like Mogar wants, because that is not an authentic 3k experience.

So you want to change the game away from Vanilla now? That’s what you’re arguing for if you say you want more people than Vanilla ever had, in each zone.

So… you’re a troll? Got it.

2 Likes

Funny, I don’t recall any of Blizzard’s expansions being deemed a “failure” because of terrible launches.

I believe this is called “more fearmongering”, but hey, that’s okay, since it’s “an argument” in favor of YOUR stance, so in that case it’s perfectly fine, right?

I’m sorry, where exactly do you think you have ANY GROUNDS whatsoever to accuse anyone else of “fearmongering” ?

This is quite irrelevant. Both layering and login queues are undesirable, and it’s not a question of which one is “less desirable”, since that’s a matter of personal taste.

You and Blizzard apparently think Layering is the lesser evil - me and others disagree.

I never said I “want overcrowdedness”. Don’t put words in my mouth.

I said I don’t MIND overcrowndedness, and I think overcrowdedness is a lesser evil compared to Layering.

How hard is it to argue in good faith without putting words in my mouth?

But never the same 3K people. That’s the issue.

No, I never said such a thing.

Once again, do not put words in my mouth.

Arguing against words you put in my mouth is called a Straw Man, which is a logical fallacy.

Once again, I never said any of that.

And just as final icing on the cake:

This coming from the person who argued against Straw mans.

But yeah, I was wrong. Forgive me. What a fool I was, for thinking that someone as divine as you could ever say something wrong. Your reasoning and logic are infallable! Clearly me pointing out how flawed your arguments are, means I’m a TROLL.

How could I have been so foolish as to think you wouldn’t call me out on it.

You’re a joke of a person.

Rest assured I fully expected he would resort to fallacies to maintain his ‘chance’ at ‘victory’.

1 Like

You don’t remember Vanilla launch then. It was horrible. We were given more than a month of free game time because it was so bad, in the first 6 months of the game.

I think people aren’t quite sure what the word “Irrelevant” means around here. When presented with two options, and one is more undesirable than the other, you don’t pick that one. It’s not a question of personal taste because Blizzard is implementing one of those solutions.

And Blizzard gets to choose.

Actually, without further techniques like Dynamic Spawning, it would be again, considered a failure. People don’t expect bad launches any more because we’ve had many good ones in the past.

Yet, when I quote you saying it, it’s not putting words in your mouth. Congrats.

Again with the ad hominems…