Ion: "We hear you!" Class Design Being Fixed in 9.0?

Hahahaha! Yea right! They will fix classes at 9.0. That is too late within the game. I bet they had been yelled at by the A Team to do something about it because of the next expansion requires those talents that they pruned away.

2 Likes

He was on the same team that created WOD and BFA, so it was his fault for it. The A team did not even touch our classes.

4 Likes

Please Blizzard… I miss my MW monk, I miss my Subtlety rogue, I miss Destro Lock.

6 Likes

I don’t think it’s too late, but whether or not they’ll do it is the question.

2 Likes

I think it will be too late for this expansion. 9.0 will probably be right near the next expansion. More likely they got yelled at by the A-team to fix what they pruned away.

Revert. The. Ability. Prune.

26 Likes

Video was good. It’s nice getting some type of feedback from Ion again.

Basically they are saying that they made a mistake and we will receive what was taken away from the very beginning. We do not get anything new for our classes.

Whoever believes the words that come out of that man’s mouth should start buying bridges.

50 Likes

Id be happy if those abilities we had locked under being flagged for PVP were baseline again. You know like they were for several expansions until being taken away.

9 Likes

Why should I ever trust any thing they say. It’s going to take a lot more than a video saying we hear you, we will fix it to get my trust back. I have heard this all before and look where we are.

38 Likes

Did anyone see him talking about bringing back class wholeness over specs being too focused?

I wonder if that means we’ll see a new talent system that accentuates the specs rather than defines them, like the old talent system.

5 Likes

That’d be amazing.

9.0 is right around the corner…of 2022

For me, it’s about losing all the situational things. To give one example among many, take the hunter taunt which was removed. I didn’t use it all the time, but when I did, I could use it to save healers from runaway mobs and thus prevent group wipes. To give another, Tranq shot. Yes, it’s kind of replicated on a few families of hunter pet but for something I used all the time, why was it relegated to an annoying to use pet ability? (FYI, most abilities like this on the hunter pets are annoying to use since they often require both the hunter to be in a certain range of the pet AND the pet to be in a certain range of a third target…)

I’m sure people who main other classes can give many other good examples. It’s not all about damage.

5 Likes

I mean probs 2020 tbh. There’s 99% gonna be an announcement this year and then they’re gonna try and rush it out again

1 Like

Make classes deeper and bring back professions!!!

Who cares if someone wants to leave the raid to go put on their new enchant/armor kit/gem? A good raid leader will tell you to sit back down and do it after raid unless you’re pushing like 5% attempts then maybe go enchant.

I feel like professions are such an easy way to get people back out into the world instead of WQ’s. If Leatherworkers had armor kits or buffs again, sockets were useful, there were more than 2 enchants, etc. It would force people out into the world to gather these mats which would just make the world seem more alive in general.

Plus it gives you something to do. Like outside of my weekly M+10 and 4hrs of raiding there’s no reason to log into the game right now. But if skinning/leatherworking was an engaging profession I’d be out grinding leather right now!!

18 Likes

I agree about professions. They really have destroyed any value most of them had.

32 Likes

They always have some line about working on whatever the biggest disappointment is and tag it with a Soon™, then inevitably mess it up or miss the mark big time. They’ve been doing this since cata. Whatever it is, I’ll continue to be cynical. They said they were fixing AZ armor, and all they did was double down on it with netherlight crucible 2.0. I called it way before we knew how they’d rework it, stating it would be worse than before, and guess what? I was vindicated.

3 Likes

Feels like I am in a starve and give cycle with Blizzard.

They starve me to the point where the discount food they give me looks like a five star meal. Then the boast that they gave me something and they listened.

I would rather they not starve me to begin with.

22 Likes